• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V1.0.22-Have to have 3CXPhone active to receive calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

chank

Reaction score
Hi,
First off thanks for producing a really useful app for the iPhone. I use 3CXPhone for iPhone as a softphone to connect to a PBX that we have at our company.

However version 1.0.22 is not as good as the previous working version I had (1.0.18 I think). The issue for me is that I can only receive calls when the app is active in the foreground. With the previous version if I went to another app I would see a red bar at the top providing an indication that it was still running, and I could still receive calls when any app was in the foreground. With 1.0.22, if I go to another app there is no red bar at the top and it doesn't receive calls. Making calls is fine.

Hope this can work as it used to soon.

thanks

chank

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: iPhone
Generation: 4G
Firmware Version: 4.2.1
Jailbreak: NO
Cydia Installed:NO

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Handset: iPhone
Contacts: ?
Connection: either WiFi|3G
Server: External

Re: Have to have 3CXPhone active to receive calls

http://www.3cx.com/forums/every-new-post-must-contain-18726.html
look what needs to be in the title...

1.0.18 had massive issues with the multi task function.
we had to remove it for a moment, fix some other stuff, you may already have seen, and we will add a proper function of mt back in 1.0.25. we drained the bat. so badly we had to find a better way to work around an apple restriction that when an app does not perf. in 600 sec an tcp traffic it will be closed by the os. for voip a drama! you see already some point we will use to make this back into play but this time saving a bit more bat. (there is no use of mt when phone is donw in 4h is there...)
so bee tuned, check the change log in this forum you see it is in the road map to make!

we made some very good progress with tthe MT function already. i dont promise for the next version something... but looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.