• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V1.0.23 - No audio except on private network (solved)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfjemrcado

Reaction score
(Hi guys! Going for certification :)

I have a iphone 3gs with ATT.

Current setup, 2008 domain server R2 running exchange UM and 3cx on a Windows 7 box (behind Cisco E2000). Tried opening ALL listed ports (5060, 5090, 9000-10000, etc) and more on technical docs for 3cx. The only solution to get the iphone to register is to put it in the DMZ?! Seems that some ports are missing (Any ideas?). As soon as I pop the 3cx in the dmz, it registers. So I know it is not the server or firewall on windows.

Working fine, accepting calls and outbound calls internally.

However when I download the 3cx app and run it on the iphone, it will register, say it is online, and will call out and ring to extensions, operator, outside numbers, etc. BUT it will have no audio both ways.

Any idea? I have read all documentation and setup as best as I know how to.

My config is as follows.
3cx sitting on dmz for testing.
Internal: 10.0.0.10
Ext: My private IP (pointing to my 10.0.0.0 net)
STUN: stun3.3cx.com

No changes in codecs.

This what happens when I register, and call an my operator extension.....

14:11:38.553 Currently active calls - 1: [23]
14:11:12.205 [CM503007]: Call(23): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:5060;transport=TCP
14:11:12.202 [CM503007]: Call(23): Device joined: sip:[email protected]:12285
14:11:12.190 [CM503002]: Call(23): Alerting sip:10.0.0.2:5060;transport=TCP
14:11:11.018 [CM503025]: Call(23): Calling @[Dev:sip:10.0.0.2:5060;transport=TCP]
14:11:11.008 [CM503004]: Call(23): Route 1: @[Dev:sip:10.0.0.2:5060;transport=TCP]
14:11:11.007 [CM503010]: Making route(s) to <sip:[email protected]>
14:11:11.001 [CM505001]: Ext.1001: Device info: Device Not Identified: User Agent not matched; Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CXPhone for iPhone 1.0.19] PBX contact: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
14:11:10.993 [CM503001]: Call(23): Incoming call from Ext.1001 to <sip:[email protected]>

And just dead air, rings like once.

Re: No audio except on private network

Cisco Routers dont like SIP very much as i notice out of my small exp. with them
Fixup SIP and IP Changes in the Send Stack is a know issue on them whitch you need to disable somehow. Only Wireshark can tell you what you send and what you get.
Does an EXT like the 3CXPhone for Windows works normal when you try to reg. it from outside the lan?
Start with this. First with Tunnel then without tunnel.

Thanks for your reply. The router in question is a newer home based model. "Linksys E2000"

Either way, I have a connection while server is in a DMZ. I enabled QoS for VOIP specifically.

My iphones all have the 3cx client, and they connect ex.([email protected])

I have not tried a windows client outside the LAN, good point. I will see if I can my laptop has a bad PS.

I can call out to landlines, and it rings, rings, rings and connects. Just no audio.

Please advise on tunnel procedure?

***Interesting note: I can call a direct extension in my office from my registered iphone outside the LAN and it delivers 2 way audio. Broken a bit, but it works.

Lets just say if I call a outside number from my registered iphone it will ring and I get nothing.

StefanW said:
Cisco Routers dont like SIP very much as i notice out of my small exp. with them
Fixup SIP and IP Changes in the Send Stack is a know issue on them whitch you need to disable somehow. Only Wireshark can tell you what you send and what you get.
Does an EXT like the 3CXPhone for Windows works normal when you try to reg. it from outside the lan?
Start with this. First with Tunnel then without tunnel.

I made a wire shark test run.... can I send it to someone to check it out?

Check here what for ways you have:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-for-iphone-technical-support-16990.html

Hi Stefan,

I might disagree just a little on how Cisco routers handle SIP - they actually work quite well as there is no port mangling involved when NATting on a Cisco router as some other firewalls may do.

Anyway, I believe the real issue here is that the 3CX Tunnel feature is yet to be released for the iPhone app. This is a critical security consideration and probably an essential feature for the iPhone app, otherwise to support roaming users you would need to open up SIP to the whole internet - in this case, you would need almost bullet-proof SIP passwords.

If the 3CX tunnel feature was present, I believe achieving two-way audio for roaming users would be very easy.

Also, I have noticed that when you are taking a call on the iPhone app it asks you to select speaker or headphone - is there a way to get the app to use the normal phone speaker (the one you hold to your ear) instead of the hands-free speaker? (I hope this makes sense)

Excellent app otherwise...

last word to cisco and sip:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix63/configuration/guide/fixup.html#wp1104084

I was just on travel for work and used the phone nearly in any wifi network and had 2 way audio, to we are on a good way.
If and when we will place the 3CXTunnel to the phone is unclear for now.
But when my calls fail i just enable on my iphone VPN and all is fine! A solution already working right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.