V1.0.23 - No Audio on external calls

Discussion in 'iOS' started by lex_o, Dec 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lex_o

Hi,

Tried the 3cx Phone for iPhone. All good when on WiFi and internal on LAN.

When external can make calls but no Audio.

This is a real bugbear getting external devices to connect. Yep SIP Proxy Manager is good in certain situations.

I think a general issue that needs to be addressed and simplified to make external device simple to connect without need for a Proxy manager. It just adds limitations to what clients can be recommended.

Lex

2. Sarah Hastings

Re: 3cx Phone iPhone 5 - No Audio on external calls

I guess SIP is the only way...even sometimes proxy managers start acting up on external..

3. zhangjx99

Hi there,

Same problem with our testing, and we guess 5060 port has been locked by ISP, as there is no issue login with WIFI. what is the alternative solution available?

search the web, people saying only Fringe is workable with IPhone...

anyone got a solution, please share with us.

Thanks.
    JX

4. janofsky

Iphone App for Iphone 4 4 4.2.1 just does not work

I can't get the Iphone app to work either in wifi or 3g. While the phone registers in both wifi and 3g, response is way way too slow and therefor does not seem to work. any suggestions

5. Yiow

Hi there,

I wonder anyone has seen this problem before ? I have a 3CX PBX setup on private network(192.168.0.x), it is connected to another network(192.168.1.x) via IPSec VPN. I have not problem with SIP phones on both sides to call each other, the 3CX windows clients are able to call both '3CX for windows' and SIP Phones from anywhere as well. The problem is on' 3cx for Iphones'. It can make and receive calls via Wifi locally, but when call/receive remote extension, it has only 1 way audio(can not hear the remote audio). '3CX for Windows' client has no such issue on the same WiFi network.

If you a solution to problem, please enlighten me.

My 3CX on Iphone setting is as following

External Server : off
    internal Server : 192.168.0168
    Server Port : 5060
    STUN Server stun3.3cx.com
    Proxy : 192.168.0.168

Network
    Local SIP port : 5060
    First RTP port 4000
    TCP transport : off (tried 'ON' and'OFF' result is the same)

Thank you.
    Yiow

regards,
    Yiow

6. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Yiow

I'm not sure I properly understood the "remote" call:
    Suppose your 3CXPhone for Iphone is connected through wifi as extension 100 to your PBX at 192.168.0.168.
    You can make and receive call to/from say 999 and 101.
    What are "remote" extensions? External calls through PBX using outbound rules?

However, you may try the following:
    In the PBX management console, for your IPhone's extension, try to configure "PBX deliver audio" option, to enforce PBX to made audio transcoding for you.
    Also - even I'm not conviced - you may try to change iPhone's first RTP port from 4000 as for 3CXPhone for Windows' one, 40000.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Yiow

Hi Vali,

Further to my question,there are more detiasl, for example I have the following test environment:

1. ext 105 to 113 on LAN 192.168.0.x
    2. ext 101 to 104 on LAN 192.168.1.x (connect to 192.168.0.x network via Ipsec VPN)
    3. 192.168.0.168 is the 3CX PBX
    4. All ext has the option " PBX delivery Audio" turned on.

The ext 105 is "3CXPhones for Iphone ver 1.022" , ext is "3CXPhones for Windows", the other ext are Polycom SIP phones.

All ext are working fine(make and receive call), except ext 105(iphone), it's call always can not hear voice from the party on 192.168.1.x network. Calls within 192.168.0.x ext are OK.

I will change to RTP port 40000 and see whether can resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Yiow

8. LThomas

Good day.
    The same problem.Two telephones. Since Android is no problem. With the iPhone there is no outgoing voice. In debug Android, clearly visible to the attribute 'a = ptime: 20 '. In debuge iPhone is not. There is speculation that the iPhone ignores 3CXPhone received from the server, meaning 'a = ptime: 20' and sends three frames (10 ms each) to the package instead of two ordered (the setting is strictly inside the unit - 'a = ptime: 30 '). Could the developers to confirm or refute this assumption. And fix a bug if it's true. Thank you.

9. custodian

Try changing the local port to something other than 5060. I've had to do this to get mine working correctly. Don't ask me why :)

10. Yiow

I have tried to change to RTP port to 40000 as well as Local port 5088. The result for both configuration are still the same, my "3CXfor iPhone" can communicate with SIP phohes on local LAN(192.168.0.x) , but can only get 1 way audio with externsion on LAN (192.168.1.x).

I have setup up another externsion on a "3CX for Andriod" phone using the same WiFi Access Point. it is working perfectly fine. No problem with audio.

Yiow

11. custodian

Hi

Try these settings:

External Server: Off
    Internal Server: 192.168.0.168
    External Server: blank
    Server Port: 5060
    STUN: stun3.3cx.com
    Proxy: blank

Local SIP Port: 5060
    First RTP Port: 40000
    TCP Transport: ON
    NAT Helper: ON

Audio Codecs should be default

12. Gerard_Smith

Hello All,
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    3CX 12.1.3 Client running on iPhone 4S on iOS 7.1.1
    Tunnel off, Stun ON
    5060 SIP Port, First RTP 9000 (Tried 4000 with ports UDP+TCP open on Router also)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe i am having a similar issue. All works well on LAN, but 3G or external WiFi things go wonky.

Issue is no audio on calls as long as one party is outside of PBX LAN.

After reading this entry on the forum, i tried accessing voicemail - 999,from external, and was able to hear prompting and use keypad to navigate. so i guess SOME audio works. I have also turned on the feature to have PBX push audio.

I am able to make and answer calls on 3G/external WiFi, just no audio !I have presence working, and can see and pick(dial) other extensions from list.

I am wondering if my ISP is blocking some of these ports. I will try the 40000 Port as user before stated, I will advise back here if it worked for me,

Gerard

13. custodian

This is quite an old topic. Might help if you let us know what versions you are using as a A LOT has changed since.

14. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Agreed, this is an old topic and you should have begun a new one.

Do other external extension have any any audio issues?

Have you tried calls from more than one Wifi location?

Have you successfully run the 3CX firewall checker?

Have you checked the 3Cx Server Log, immediately after a call from the iPhone, for any error messages?

When the iPhone registers externally, when using WiFi, do you see the Public IP and port being used?

15. Gerard_Smith

@ Custodian - Sorry for re-opening an old post, my problem is same as that one, and i know on some forums people complain about opening a new post, and suggest you should search old posts before posting. I thought the versions i posted would have been sufficient, My Apologies to all.

@LeeJor - Thanks for the suggestions for me to check.

1. Other Extension having audio issues ? Yes, my only extension right now are (2) iPhones and (2) Samsung Galaxy S-Series. I can get no "Call Audio" on any of them once i leave the PBX WiFi. I am able to get Voice Mail Audio and use keypad to navigate.

2. Tried Calls from More than one WiFi ? Yes I have tried more than one WiFi, I actually have two WiFi's setup, both going thru same DSL, but when I am on the secondary WiFi (Not same as PBX) no call audio is possible.

3. Have i Successfully run Firewall Chewcker ? I actually use Port Forward.com 's port checker. In retrospec, that was probably dumb, and i will try the built in one once i get home. Thanks. (The PBX is being built at Home)

4. Have I check for Server log messages ? Yes, i have, cant recall what is one there now as i am at work, but will post again with results.

5. When Phone registers Externally on Wifi, what port and IP Address ? Do I find this on the Handset of from the Log ? I know it connects out of Office (Which should be the external IP)

.. Also one other interesting note .. i cant terminate a call from iPhone under 31seconds, it will keep line open until the 31 seconds then close !!

Thanks for you help .. again .. I am sorry for digging up the old thread.

16. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It is sounding as if there are ports being blocked, or 3CX does not have the correct information to reach the iPhone. The fact that other external extensions are having the same issue, backs up this theory.

In the 3Cx server logs, when you find the registration attempt by the handset having the issue, it will show what IP (and port0 that 3Cx is to use to reach the phone. If the set is behind another router, then that routers public IP should be showing up. if a private IP such as 192.168.xx.xx shows, then you are going to have problems. usually STUN, will overcome such problems, and 3Cx has been pretty good in the most recent versions that even that is not needed in most cases.

Run the 3CX firewall checker, there may be something else that is blocking ports.

17. Gerard_Smith

@Leejors

I ran the firewall checker, and ports 9000-9049 were all blocked. I tried changing the ports to 4000-4049, and 16000-16049, they still showed up blocked. I change the ports on the first audio port external setting in 3CX and on both routers. 9001, 9002 showed up as being in use, and i know its my Night Owl DVR Camera System.

Maybe the issue is how i am forwarding;

I have a DSL Modem from ISP, that is then connected to a Linksys WRT-54G (192.168.1.128 Int/192.168.254.4 Ext) Wireless router-(with DD-WRT Firmware). My PBX (192.168.1.241) is plugged via Ethernet cable into the Linksys,

I am fowarding ports from the DSL to the Linksys. And forwarding those same ports from Linksys to the PBX ... is that wrong ? Should i forward direct to PBX (is that allowed)

Incidentally this is same setup that i do for 5060/5090 which pass the Firewall checker test.

Regads

Gerard

18. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean when you say you are "forwarding ports from the DSL to the Linksys". If you have a combination modem/router, that was supplied by your internet provider, then sounds like double NAT if you are indeed doing port forwarding in two devices. If that is the case, and you want to continue to use the Linksys router, then you must find a way to bypass the router in your modem so that the Linksys picks up a Public IP on it's WAN side.

I also use routers running DD-WRT, (because of the VPN access) and set the single ports under NAT/QoS - Port Forwarding, for the single ports, and Port Range Forwarding, for the 9000 series ports. Those should all "point" to the IP of the 3CX server.

19. Gerard_Smith

@Leejor

Just to explain what i wrote earlier

|ISP|---------|DSL|=========-----------|LinkSys|-------|3CX|
    ..................................|----------|NetGear|

** Please ignore the full stops before netgear, it was the only way i could get the bar to fall under the DSL connection as the forrum software is triming the spaces. Notice two lines coming out from DSL - one goes to NetGear other to LinkSys.

The DSL is a router as well, but no wireless, out put ran to two Wireless Routers (Linksys & Netgear), the PBX was setup on Linksys

I was port forwarding from DSL to LinkSys, and also port forwarding from Linksys to PBX. Sorta like creating a hop.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Since reading your reply, i have removed the "Double NAT" Issue and plugged PBX direct into DSL, and re-forwarded the ports, so that it goes from DSL directly to the PBX attached.

I have re-run the firewall checking and am pleased that the 5060, 5090 & 4000-4049 ports have all passed. Thank you for your input.

I am still having some issues now though, as the iPhone wont connect on internal wifi (Only Netgear WiFi Router on now) as i am getting "Bad Gateway".

Also I am able to switch to 3G and get connection and presence, but calls to softphone setup as Ext 100 on PBX server, as well as to voicemail now say "Forbidden".

Any further input would be appreciated, and thanks for the help so far.

Regards

Gerard

20. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'll deal with this part first.

This may be for one of several reasons. If registration occurs, then it sounds as if the extension (option) is set to allow external registrations. Are you using a DNS service, or the Public IP of your router, on the phone? If you are using 3G, be sure that wifi is disabled. I've had two friends using an iPhone come across the same issue. the phone seemed to have a problem registering with the correct IP. Check the IP blacklist, there may have been enough failures that the IP is listed in there. The 3CX server log, perhaps in verbose, might provide some additional information.

As far as your set-up at the server end. It sounds as if your "DSL" device is a combination unit and was handing out private IP addresses to the Linksys and Netgear. this can cause problems. Not only is it double NAT, if the same subnet IP range is being used on more than one device, it will just cause confusion. If possible, try to disable the router function of the DSL device. In an ideal situation, a router, or PC will pick up a public IP from the Ethernet port on the DSL device. I, have forgone my IPS's provided modem/router combo for a standalone DSL router. that in turn is connected to a switch, which allows two routers to each pick up a Public IP (My ISP allows two public dynamic IP addresses.) Late model DSL modems (non router models) can often be found at "junk" stores. If you subscribe to a TV offering, or VoIP phone service from your ISP, then this might not work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.