• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V1.0.23 One-way Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMirski

Reaction score
Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: iPhone 4
Generation: 4
Firmware Version: 4.3.3
Jailbreak: NO
Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Connection: WiFi|3G both
Server: External

I am experiencing a one-way audio when using an iPhone app as an extension while outside of my local network. Which direction the call is initiated has no difference, always on iPhone App I cannot hear the other party but they can hear me.

If iPhone is on the same LAN (WiFi), everything works fine.

I have tried to play around with NAT, port forwarding, with no help.

Phone system is version 10 and the newest SP1. Newest iPhone App obviously.

I have come across tech manual but I am having trouble following what and where.

Please help!!!

Thanks in advance, MMMM

You are using 3CX softphone for iPhone, yes?
The problem could be not using the external address of the PBX, so not using STUN, or not having checked the 'PBX delivers audio' for that extension.

Otherwise the problem is NAT/firewall related and you should capture traffic (with Wireshark, etc.) or investigate the 3CX logs. Try running the 3CX sofphone on a PC in the same NAT. If STUN is not resolving properly external address (because of NAT/firewall) try switching off STUN in your softphone, either using the internal address, or disabling / deleting it from advanced settings (in iPhone normally default should be set to 'stun3.3cx.com').

Regards

eagle is correct, it is more then likely a nat issues with the remote rtp ports not being forwarded correctly to the 3cx of blocked.

Thank you all for your responses.

I have submitted this question to tech support and their response was that there is a new version of iPhone softphone coming out very soon (no ETA yet) which addresses this issue among a few others. If any of you know of the date when it is supposed to come out and what issues are addressed, please update this post.

Thanks in advance,

Marcin Mirski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.