v1.1.5 3cx tunnel behaviour

Discussion in 'iOS' started by sojo, Jun 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sojo

Hello,

I'm trying to test the 3cx tunnel using v1.1.5 Ipad app.

I can´t happen to get my tunnel back automatically whenever i'm using 3g or wifi after loosing my connection. I can´t find any information about this, so i'm wondering if this is the correct tunnel behaviour or there is a parameter (app or server side) i could check to fix this.

It's kinda strange, as i suppose it should be trying to automatically reconnect so the ipad could be ready to receive calls.

However the tunnel itself works great :D Both wifi and 3G.

Thank you.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

no, you are right, at the moment it is a connect once and gone connection.
    we where unsure if apple is lining an SIP application which has actually no sip function for the user directly.
    so we have tested the water, all good for now, now we can improve the tunnel to be alive all the time.
    it took us some time for the phone to get it right, so give us some time...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sojo

Thank you so much for your response StefanW.

I guess it's time to wait, no problem with that. As i said, the tunnel itself works great.

4. jalmendro

Anyone knows if there has been any advance in tunnel disconnection issue so far?

5. qiaok

no, you are right, at the moment it is a connect once and gone connection.

6. jablonko

Hi StefanW,

Anything new in this case?

Thanks!

7. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

no, the future of this app is unclear, due to we are working hard on version 2.0 and eval all option, soon we will be able to say more

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. frankgao81

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your hard work. I understand at this moment we are unable to keep the tunnel app alive. But for the Iphone app, is there a work around to keep it alive? I am planning to switch our church's PBX to 3CX but unable to keep the Iphone APP alive is really a letdown as you would not be able to use it on your phone when you are work from home. Every time the Iphone goes to sleep, either with WIFI or 3G, even though the app says it is on hook, but it won't answer incoming call.

Thanks again for your help,

9. rudym

Hi,

Any update on this.

10. markshehan

markshehan New Member

Frank

Don't let this minor detail stop you from changing over. We have many churches as our customers here and they love it. While the tunnel is a problem (and I am confident they will find a way around it one way or the other) it wont be a problem for your people working from home.

You have two options for them without the iPhone and both work perfectly with 3cx. You can either give them handsets for home (such as a Grandstream) which just plug in to their (wired preferably) network and will connect to 3cx as another extension (with a small amount of provisioning best done before taking the phone home) or there is the excellent 3cx softphone for windows. This works on a PC or laptop and is very similar to the iphone app in the way it looks. Plug in a headset and mic and they are working from home.

So although it is nice to have it on your iPhone, this issue wont stop people in your Church from being able to work from home. We even have a church that takes part in a national telethon every two weeks and they have their agents both in the church and at home for the telethons. So it does work well.

11. cjferoussis

Hello, any news on the issue? I'm really looking forward to the fix.

12. musicloverlch

OK, now it is 2 years later from the last post and there is no fix for the tunnel disconnecting. When will the new tunnel app be released?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.