v1.1.5 - Remote party cannot hear me [Solved]

Discussion in 'iOS' started by ChrisPriest, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisPriest

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: iphone
    Generation: 4
    Firmware Version: 5.1
    Jailbreak: NO
    Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: phone
    Contacts: Local
    Connection: Both
    Server: External

Hi,

I have the 3CX tunnel and the 3CX phone installed on an iPhone 4 to test out for our remote workers.

I have configured the tunnel application correctly and switch the client to out of office, it unregisters, connects the tunnel and then registers OK.

I can place a call OK, and I can hear the party on the other end, however they cannot hear me. I assumed using the tunnel, and I use the tunnel with Windows Softphones with no problems whatsoever, that any issues with NAT etc would be overcome.

The system log doesn't report any errors, none of the usual No RTP packets received etc...

My android phone on the other hand works fine using the tunnel :)

Does anyone have any thoughts as to what this might be?

best Regards
    Chris

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Re: v1.1.5 - Remote party cannot hear me

A wireshark pcap would be nice to see from the 3CX PBX host for SIP (5060) and Tunnel (5090)
    Have you tried to start over again in terms of removing the old profile and creating it new?

You will not see No RTP packets received due to the traffic is coming and going via tunnel service of the PBX...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ChrisPriest

I'll generate some wireshark captures and attach them here, yes, I have removed the client completely and reinstalled.

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    Before wireshark and reinstall, please set "PBX delivers audio" for iPhone's extension in the PBX' management console to see if you have audio both ways.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. onihiko

Same problem here except for - I use SIP account not tunnel. Still I can hear clearly but can't be heared on the other side. This works both for my iPhone and Win client. I did port forwarding but looks like it's the source of the problem. On 1.1.4 everything was just great

6. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@onihiko open a new post due to this is not related to this topic, this is tunnel connection.
    Attach a wireshark pcap from the PBX or open a support ticket at support.3cx.com.
    I guess you issue is on the firewall on pbx level due to there is the data stream not arriving!

7. semose

I'm having the identical issue as described by OP. New iPhone 4 with 3CXPhone 1.1.5 and 3CX Tunnel 1.0. Tunnel connects fine, 3CXPhone registers fine, 3CXPhone places and receives calls fine, 3CXPhone can hear the other person, but the caller can not hear them.

New phone, so there is no old config. Sorry, don't have time to add a .pcap. More or less posting to say it's a issue for at least one other person, and so I get an email when someone replies to this thread.

8. MarkD

I have exactly the same problem. I first setup 3CX for the iPhone 2 weeks ago (1.1.4) and all was working 100% OK.

Today I upgraded to 1.1.5 along with the tunnel and now no one can hear me! Firewall rules have not changed as I haven't got round to disabling the ports no longer required since we're now using the tunnel.

Any information on a fix is most welcomed!

9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Since you are now using the tunnel, have you opened port 5090 UDP / TCP ?

10. MarkD

I actually changed the tunnel port to a none standard one (security) but yes, the port is allowed by the firewall and the tunnel establishes correctly and the calls can be made & received, just that the remote party can not hear me.

I am using an iPhone 4S on the latest iOS, we have an iPhone 4 somewhere and I will try that to see if it makes a difference.

11. MarkD

Sorry, just revisited the firewall rules. I had enabled TCP for the tunnel port, but not UDP.

Enabling UDP solved the problem. Success!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.