V1.1.5 - voice quality issues

Discussion in 'iOS' started by nintendo1889, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nintendo1889

An iPhone 4 is setup as an extension on an Allworx pbx. The audio that the iphone receives from other hardware phones or from outside calls to their DID sound crystal clear. But the audio on the other end (not the iphone) is choppy, almost like a machine gun.

They are using Wifi as well (all ports are setup correctly).

Has anyone else seen this issue?

3CX on the Android sounds just fine. We also tried a Verizon iPhone and it had the exact same issue.

Also another issue is the phone rings continuously whether answered or not. I'm not sure if it's related.

The network

I saw a blog post on a pro audio blog that mentioned that the iphone chipset doesn't support full-duplex audio for apps, but I can't find the link (it may have referred to older hardware).

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: [iPhone]
    Generation: [4]
    Firmware Version: [unknown]
    Jailbreak: [no]
    Cydia Installed: [no]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: [Voice Quality on other end (through mic)]
    Contacts: [Local]
    Connection: [WiFi only, 3g: no audio (att)]
    Server: [External]

2. nintendo1889

Switched over to Media5 fone on iphone. No quality issues whatsoever.

On 3cx/iphone, when a call would be answered, the other side had terrible noise!

It's an AllWorx PBX.

3. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

Assuming your iPhone has a good network signal strength (a weak one may lead to a "scrambled" sound) please try to do the following test:

- in the 3CXPhone's preferences, scroll to Audio Codecs and set to "ON" only one codec, tap Done and see the audio quality. Then go back and set to ON another only one codec, the check again the audio quality. In this way, by forcing ONLY one codec at a time, we can see if it's a codec decoding related issue.

Also, in a separate test, you may try, in "Integration", to disable (set to OFF) "Record calls", to see if recording may affect the audio (even I don't think so).

Then please tell me if there is any differences.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nintendo1889

We tried the codec thing for the different ones supported. I will try turning off recording.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.