Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V1.3.4 - Can't register

Discussion in 'Android' started by rossygnol, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rossygnol

Hi, I don't know how to fill the profile page in order to get connected.
    I use voipgain.com as server. In their website they provide this information:

SIP port : 5060
    Registrar : sip.voipgain.com
    Proxy server : sip.voipgain.com
    Outbound proxy server : leave empty
    Account name : your VoipGain username
    Password : your VoipGain password
    Display name/number : your VoipGain username or voipnumber
    Stunserver (option) : stun.voipgain.com
    If you have audio problems:
    Use a STUN server (e.g. stun.voipgain.com) with port 3478 (if supported by your device)

I don't know what I should put on either "User" nor "ID". I tried different combinations in vain:
    userID@voipgain.com, sip.voipgain.com, userID, I also tried to put my mobile number still without success.

When I used to use the native android SIP option (which isnt available on my phone) I just used to put "sip.voipgain.com" as the server and my "userID" as user. these 2 were enough. Could you help me please

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy Note
    Firmware Version: 2.3.6

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

That should be enough, but you may want to try the server name in the Proxy Server setting (enable it).
    Many times the user ID is a phone number, if your are assigned one, the password is a given. If you have tried all of the combinations, then contact them, they may be able to look see what the are receiving from you to help with tweaking your settings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.