• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V1.3.4 - Can't register

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossygnol

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know how to fill the profile page in order to get connected.
I use voipgain.com as server. In their website they provide this information:

SIP port : 5060
Registrar : sip.voipgain.com
Proxy server : sip.voipgain.com
Outbound proxy server : leave empty
Account name : your VoipGain username
Password : your VoipGain password
Display name/number : your VoipGain username or voipnumber
Stunserver (option) : stun.voipgain.com
If you have audio problems:
Use a STUN server (e.g. stun.voipgain.com) with port 3478 (if supported by your device)

I don't know what I should put on either "User" nor "ID". I tried different combinations in vain:
[email protected], sip.voipgain.com, userID, I also tried to put my mobile number still without success.

When I used to use the native android SIP option (which isnt available on my phone) I just used to put "sip.voipgain.com" as the server and my "userID" as user. these 2 were enough. Could you help me please

Device Info
-------------------------------------------------------
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy Note
Firmware Version: 2.3.6

rossygnol said:
When I used to use the native android SIP option (which isnt available on my phone) I just used to put "sip.voipgain.com" as the server and my "userID" as user. these 2 were enough. Could you help me please

That should be enough, but you may want to try the server name in the Proxy Server setting (enable it).
Many times the user ID is a phone number, if your are assigned one, the password is a given. If you have tried all of the combinations, then contact them, they may be able to look see what the are receiving from you to help with tweaking your settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.