Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V1.3.4-Low Mic Volume with Samsung Galaxy S2

Discussion in 'Android' started by barter007, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barter007

Hi,

I decided to start a new thread of my own that fulfills the requirements to be answered by support.

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
    Firmware Version: 2.3.3

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Phone
    Contacts: Local
    Connection: WiFi/3G
    Server: Internal/External
    ====================

The MIC volume is very low unless i SHOUT at the phone, even when using MIC GAIN = 8.

Here is what i have found from :
    forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1127103&page=4

To summarize the post from the link above, the Samsung Galaxy S2 has TWO MICROPHONES. The phone has one microphone on the top, right to the headphone plug and one on the bottom, right to the usb plug. Most VOIP software using the DEFAULT MIC will end up using the TOP microphone instead of the BOTTOM Microphone.

I did some tests and I confirm that speaking toward the TOP MIC will result in the person at the other end, to hear me very well, as opposed to talking toward the bottom MIC of the phone. I could set the MIC GAIN to default value (1) and the person at the other end still hear me very well when speaking toward the top microphone.

So Samsung Galaxy S2's users need either a fix to use the bottom MIC or have the possibility to select the MIC source in the preferences of the 3CX Android application.

Thank You for your support.

Francois.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.