v10 and Windows 7 -- Crashing on startup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by arkitekt, Dec 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arkitekt

Is anyone else having issues with v10 crashing on startup? I have been using previous versions on this same system for quite a while with no issues.

I'm on a Windows 7 / 64bit version -- I uninstalled and even followed instructions to remove the directory and registry entries --- still having issues.

Appreciate any help or insight that someone might have on the issue

2. arkitekt

Wondering if anyone else is having issues? I would love to get this running but can't seem to get past it crashing when starting up after installation.

3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi,
    First of all you need to answer the following questions.

1) What do you mean by crashing on startup?
    What is crashing because I can't know from the 2 sentences that you've posted.

2) What does Event Viewer say regarding these crashes?
    Did you check Event Viewer logs?

3) Why did you remove directories and registry entries?

4) Did you try and install 3CX on another machine?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. arkitekt

Thanks Michael --- sorry if the detail wasn't enough to diagnose, I was really trying to see if anyone else was experiencing problems. I'll answer your questions below.

1) What do you mean by crashing on startup?
    What is crashing because I can't know from the 2 sentences that you've posted.

Well, by crashing on startup --- I mean -- when I finished installing, it seemed to crash while trying to start up the program. It's hard to get more descriptive at this point because each time I try to start the Windows Management Console -- I get this: http://screencast.com/t/etdY60qBv6LS notification, and of course nothing starts working. (the error message is coming from a program called Soluto --- that monitors the system).

2) What does Event Viewer say regarding these crashes?
    Did you check Event Viewer logs?

I hadn't checked the Event Viewer --- but I did today since you asked, what I see is the following around the time of my install: http://screencast.com/t/nUvh0TjY

3) Why did you remove directories and registry entries?
    I tried to follow the instructions that were provided when it checks for an existing installation -- this mentioned after uninstalling to remove certain registry entries, folders, etc --- I have used version 8, and 9 of 3CX with no issues in the past.

4) Did you try and install 3CX on another machine?
    Haven't tried another machine yet, I'm sure it will work fine with some other machine -- I'm guessing that it's something unique in this case but trying to figure out what it is. I do have another computer, but this one has been running 3CX up until now -- I'd prefer to keep it that way.

It would be great to figure out what the issue might be, if you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks,

Thanks

5. anaser

try install Framework 4 progaram from Microsoft to solve this problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.