• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v10 - Demo Version X FREE Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr3151006

Reaction score
Hi 3cx team,

I´m trying to use 3CX to replace Cisco SPA9000 and avoid a linux runing ASTERISK for a custommer which has only 10 employees, using 3 analog lines and 1 sip trunk, but is too 'hard' to accomplish that!!! If I use FREE version I can use 4 simultaneous call but I loose the 'Call Pickup' function; If I use a DEMO key I´m limited to 2 simultaneous call only!
Can 3CX provide a trial key with full options for 30 days or something like that?

I like 3CX, but I would say that the 'Bussiness Policy' could be change in the way that allowing at least 3 simultaneous call when using DEMO key! Here in Brazil some companys can sell very cheap a Asterisk server but the costs for implementation and customization is expensive!

Do you wanna lose or earn money? Pls, think about that!

https://www.3cx.com/ordering/pricing/

tks,

Renato P

Hi

The 3CX Demo licence does not expire; however like you say it’s limited to 2 concurrent calls.

3CX does not offer a 30 day trial service, the only option you have is to test using the 2 concurrent calls, which is enough to test to see if 3CX will work for your business.

After this point, you could then upgrade to the paid version which in turn will allow more then 2 concurrent calls.

The "Free" version is for technology testing and is not designed for production servers since it has some key features disabled (including message waiting indicator). You would need to use the 4 concurrent call version for a production system.

Tks everyone, now we are a partner and I will use use a 'NFR' key for this customer to test all functions for a short period.

tks,

Renato P

I got slapped for using NFR at a customer site for testing/demo. But if you contact 3CX sales directly, you may be able to work something out. I agree that in many cases proof of concept simply cannot be demonstrated with 2 call restrictions.

What is the official position on this?

The free edition is restrictive, and one thing many of my clients need is call queuing (not included in free version). So my thought was to temporarily use our NFR key during installation, setup, and demoing. Then, once they are ready to go live with the system, I send an invoice for the full price of their own key and update insurance, and then just switch the software license over to their key from our NFR key.

Not sure how else to do what I need to do without some sort of 30 day trial...

Don't use your NFR to demo at clients businesses. If they need call Queuing then sell a license to them. Yes the free edition is restrictive because it is just that, a free edition. The demo is for proof of concept and if a client needs features not available in the free/demo version then a license should be purchased. If you need to demo your NFR set it up in house and show it in use to clients at your location but do not do this at there site. This is the official position on this.

I got slapped for using NFR at a customer site for testing/demo. But if you contact 3CX sales directly, you may be able to work something out. I agree that in many cases proof of concept simply cannot be demonstrated with 2 call restrictions.

How is this true? Proof of concept is just that, proof of concept. Does it work? Can I make calls? Ring Groups? Voice Mail? dial codes? and other features? This is proof of concept. Can I make 128 calls at the same time? this is not proof of concept, because yes you can and it works. We have case studies, minimum system requirements, and big name businesses using 3CX license around the world. If this isn't enough on top of a small demo I don't know what to tell you.

Case Studies: 3cx.com/clients/index.html

Thanks,

Nate

I really dont understand the issue. I dont see avaya or cisco giving a free version away to potential customers! 3CX is being very generous in giving a free edition to test basic function and a demo version to test ALL functionality. I just dont see why people continue to complain that they want all functionality free. Just because it is a "software" pbx doesnt mean that it's cheaper to produce and should given away like browser toolbar.

If you dont know if the pbx will do what you need it to, I highly recommend contacting a reputable dealer or 3cx them selves to find out if it will and get some info. To many people are trying to do these projects on their own and are failing because they simply do not have the experience or knowledge to get/find/figure out the answers to the questions.

In my opinion 2 concurrent calls are more then enough to test queing, callback, ring to mobile, rebound, incoming calls, outgoing calls, mobile apps, and other features. Granted you can't load test but that is where a dealer would be able to help. they can use their experience of past installations to determine what network and server hardware would be needed.

That's not my issue. I know myself exactly how 3CX functions, no problem. But, I think it'd be great if there was some sort of time-limited trial. That way I could get the system completely setup and customized for the client. I could show them exactly how things work and then go back and make any changes that they might have requested. Then once they are completely satisfied, we go ahead and activate the unlimited license. I can almost do that with the free version with the exception of call queues. Many clients would use that feature.

I don't see any downfalls to having a time-limited trial. Don't see how that could be abused at all... ?

At one point the client has to commit to the project.
And when you have set up 40 Phones and showed him that it will work and he is happy or is not what he is looking for, he already committed coz. he must pay test installation, changes and all sorts to the partner for doing this. In the end 3CX is the least pricey peace he has to buy. The money for phones and gateway will be a bigger and he is not getting them for free.
4 Ext are more then enough to show functionality and for this 2/4SC are good.

And a good saying from a developer of us:
Thx 3CX System does always the same thing, for 1 call or for 100 calls, just a madder of the hardware you have to use.
Biggest issue is to make it already for the first call right, the rest is easy.

I had a big client in Germany and they had the same doubt if it will work as they wished.
But you will have in any PBX over 128SC a Project Budget. So they just bought a 8SC and 10 Phones.
Tested the hole system and then just made an upgrade to the 128SC. The 8 SC is now in there own lab
to test new FWs for phones and gateways or to test a solution and the system runs runs runs runs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.