V10 List of questions / issues / bugs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MarkusButz, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkusButz

Dear Nicky,
    dear developers,

please find here some more issues / questions for V10:

1) Calling a script from MyPhone for HTTP dialing is not possible anymore? Problem with that is that the snom phones cannot dial "49(0)211 12345". That's the result MyPhone tries to dial via http if you mark "+49(0)211 12345" via e.g. F11. I previously called a VBS script to re-format the number and then give that number to the snom phones. The phones can re-format the numbers itself via dial plan but with that just one rule that would match there it’s not possible to reformat the number in a way that a call is possible. Is there a possibility to call a script? Or why not implement a check if the number is valid? Ideas?

2) Pressing DND (Do Not Disturb) on the phones dials *61 / *60. In v9 status changed that one could see that in the Assistant. Now in v10 numbers are dialed but status is still "available". That seems not to be correct!

3) I have a signaling group 222. In that group there are the members 120, 212, 220 and 982. Only 120 and 220 are visible in MyPhone. If I now dial 222 from my own extension 120, it appears like shown in “MyPhone 3.jpg”. There’s written that I call 220. That’s simply NOT correct. I have called 222 but MyPhone simply shows wrong if I would have called the first number from the signaling group that is visible in MyPhone. That’s not correct and confusing.

4) Drag and Drop is not possible in MyPhone? I’ve read several discussions about that and that you plan to bring it back. I don’t need to mention that this is a really important function. I’ve presented v9 to some customers, they really liked this function and this was one reason for them to buy. I announced v10 and there it’s not possible. So they will not buy v10…

5) If I a right click on an extension (e.g. 130) in MyPhone and chose “Intercom”, the extension is simply called like a normal phone call. Isn’t meant with Intercom what I could manually do by dialing *9130. THEN I have a intercom but not with clicking on “Intercom”. Confusing. Or bug?

6) MyPhone 2.jpg: I have 5 extension groups where ALL members are hidden to be shown in MyPhone (“Do not sho this extension in 3CX MyPhone” is ticked in all members). As you can see half of the MyPhone windows is placed with empty groups. That really does not make sense. The groups should only be shown if there are VISIBLE MEMBERS in it. (Verwaltung / Management is completely empty anyway…).

7) Wasn’t it the plan to show recordings from the phone (not just the voice mail messages) also in MyPhone? When I record something with my snom it’s simply saved on HDD but not shown in MyPhone…??

8) MyPhone 3.jpg: My MyPhone is set to german language. After opening MyPhone all extensions appear as “Available”. After making a call from “Tragbar” the status for that extension changes to germen “Erreichbar”. There’s a mixture of the languages.

9) MyPhone 2.jpg: I don’t really understand the sorting of the extensions. It’s not sorted by extension numbers and not by name. (“Sort extensions by name” is not ticked). It seems that the own extensions always appear at the top. But how does the MyPhone know which are my personnel extensions (210 and 220 are my ext. at home…). Why not simply sorting by number OR by name? But not such a mixture. Or what do I not understand?

10) Major bug: MyPhone 1.jpg. On ALL of our systems (all Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit mixed) we have problems with MyPhone. Problems only appear if local components are installed AND if Outlook 2011 (not configured with 3CX integrations, tools are only installed to be able to use quick dial hotkey) is opened. If Outlook is NOT opened or if the tools are not installed, it works. If Outlook is open with tools installed MyPhone crashes in 90% at the MyPhone start!!!! If Outlook is closed, MyPhone is opened and I open Outlook, MyPhone crashes while opening Outlook. That’s a problem. And often MyPhone "forgets" user and PIN so that I have to re-enter them. All that appears on ALL of our PCs, not just on one of them. Calling http://3cx:5000/MyPhone does NOT crash but is not very comfortable.
    What I just found out during this posting: When I keep the screen you can see in MyPhone 1.jpg UNTOUCHED (not clicking on the error message) and open MyPhone AGAIN, it seems to work. This second window opens correct... THEN I can close the error message and the second MyPhone stays...

11) I just found out that there also seem to be problems with signaling groups and audio stream. If I (210) call my colleague from home (snom 370) via signaling group 444 and he (410) tries to answer with his snom 320, connection is established but no audio stream in both directions. In v9 all that worked fine. Is that already known or would you like me to do more investigation?

Please contact me if you have further questions.
    Best regards and nice weekend!

Markus

(Please use the "motecs" account if you want to contact me. This post was accidentally posted with another user.)

Attached Files:

• 3cx.zip
      File size:
      130 KB
      Views:
  2. FBW

FBW New Member

After installing all functionality of the MyPhone on a Win7 Pro x64 we get a crash of MyPhone every time we click the Call History tab.
    Anyone else has this problem?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MarkusButz

Hi,

will there be any official feedback?
    Would be nice if I take 2 hours at the weekend to writedown everything...

Markus

4. matictec

matictec New Member

1) +1: This should be done by MyPhone. The basic rule is very simple: if there are numbers before "(0)" delete "(0) and convert "+" to "00". For most cases it would be enough.

2) +1: it is realy bad that there it is not possible to see it anywhere if the extension has dnd enabled.

3) 0: for me a signaling group should be transparent. i dial a number an call a group of extensions.

4) +1: On of the issues that are not good for selling the v10

5) 0: For us this works correctly. the phones must support intercom and it must also be enabled in phone settings

6) +1: the height should also be dynamic. when you stretch the window to full height, a scollbar is shown, also there is a lot of free space.

7) +1: would be a good feature that is missing since V6

8) +1: same issue here

9) +1: it is confusing

10) same issue. but we can not reproduce it on every scenario

EDIT: Another thing i miss in myphone. it is not possible to copy a number to clipboard.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MarkusButz

Martin,

seems that you agree in the most points.
    Will there come any feedback or does it make sense to open tickets for that or talk to Stefan?

Markus

6. matictec

matictec New Member

A ticket will be a good idea, but many of the problems will not be fixed as i know 3cx support. 3cx fix only important issues promptly.

7. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@ Manti
    It is, but a bit silly, right click on the Number and say DialerPad, from there u can copy the number... could be better...

1) CID Cleaning is still missing in the version, but will be reimplemented, MyPhone still needs some work, fixing major issues are our prim. focus for now. SP1 will clean up alot but not this topic.

2) DND is dropped in V10 (already startet in V9) only out backwards compatibility the dial codes are still there. The next template update will remove in snom (only phone with DND sync by default) as well the DND and place by default to Away *31 and Available *30.

3) have to test this... Later update

4) Drag and Drop is not implemented by Silverlight at the moment, nothing we can do about for now. For that we have massively improved the divert function. The status of an extension is now shown with live status and when with the target of an frwd. You can not only punch in numbers you also can put names in there and we search. Not a point to my why this should stop sells.

5) Bug, simply to say i guess. Will test after with a newer build to give latest status.

6) A new function may makes more sense, hide Group which will hide all Members in there always. MNG will be always show, its a default group value we need to have not a blank interface. This will remain for now. This Point should go to ideas.3cx.com

7) Was never topic of V10. Showing Vbox Messages yes and the function play on phone.

8) remove the cache of the local installation for now. as shown here Sp1 will improve this part when swaping lang. bust way is to set for now the lang via Web to german then install the local app.http://www.3cx.de/blog/myphone-cache-deinstallieren/

9) This will be and is as planed, ur ID you log in to the MyPhone plus its group will be always on top, then sorting by EXT after. Or you have set sort by Name, but to ur EXT it does not change anything. By Desing

10) Cant repl. creat ticket, i will advice for logs there

11) sound like an issue in the routing to me more then a bug in SG, check the logs, the PBX checks much more for valid RTP stream and advices as well what is wrong in the logs now...

8. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

addition to 5)
    Only does not work in HTTP Dialing, via makeCall it works.
    Will be reported, but it Never used to work even not in v9 we see what we can change.

Correction to drag and drop, that it is general not work is wrong, just a bit sloppy sp1 will bring some of this drag and drop back

9. matictec

matictec New Member

Copy a number) an addtional entry in the context menu "copy number to clipboard" would be nice. and also an entry "add to phonebook". i think this are simple tasks for 3cx developers and would be nice features for usability.

1) i can not imagine that this is big work. of course fixing bugs must be prim. hope that this is on bug/feature list for one of the next releases.

2) nice. one thing we are missing with snom phones is that presence is not possible with 3cx. should be green if extension is available, off/red if away or not registered and orange an a call.

3) ---

4) with sp1 this is ok. i write that it a point that is not good fór selling v10 because you have to explain some customers why some features are lost. i belive that v10 with myphone will be the best version ever, but it was released a little bit to early. rc2 = final => not good.

5) ---

6) for us it is more important that the height of the group fits to height of the window.

7) this is correct, but is a topic since a long time.

8) we have also sometimes the problem, that remember me does not work

what is about the us of https? any news for this. it is needed for external use of myphone. for management console it is possible already.

10. shiftf7

Re: V10 List of questions / issues / bugs DND

@Stefan

Item 2 (DND) we rely on this heavily and all our phones [Yealink T22] are setup with a DND button - we are used to the Assistant showing the DND status. I am unclear as to what your comments mean - is DND un-supported in V10 (surely every phone system has DND support) - what is the alternative?

PS. We see AWAY as different to DND and envisage clients ideally will need both functions (AWAY is non present and DND is I am present but not to be disturbed). Sorry if this sounds patronising - not my intention :)

Thanks in advance.

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Guys.

First of all thank you for the time you guys took to comment these and put them here. Very informative.

Many of these issues will be fixed in the next update we will make.

About DND - We thought that the profiles will solve all issues related to dnd. We are starting to think that we might have missed this.

Problem with dnd is that DND is made at the phone level internally. So unless we program the dnd on the phones to call a specific 3CX dial code, this will not update in the myphone and you will not know that the phone is in dnd.

Do we need to see in the myphone that the extension is set to dnd? Can we live if for example we program the did to be away?

Because if we can live with this, we can issue a release of the phone templates that when dnd is pressed on the phone the AWAY dial code is pressed and all the extensions that press dnd will show as away status. OK Away and dnd are not exactly the same i agree - but at the end of the day you still do not want to be disturbed.

What do you guys think?

12. jcasares

I think the purpose of DND is to not be disturbed. In this regards, to me, it's the same as AWAY but if non standard rules are used it might be counterproductive as the call will be forwarded and we will be disturbed by another phone. :p

13. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I agree with this point. DND means do not disturb. IN my opinion we should check all the templates in the phones to send a BUSY when DND is pressed. Just like the phones are shipped from the factory. Like this you will not be disturbed when the button is pressed.

But to get this behavior, it is not possible to show the extension as busy in the MyPhone because the pbx is not informed that DND is pressed. 3CX PBX cannot understand that you pressed the DND button on your phone. The phone does not inform the PBX that DND has been pressed. The only notification 3CX receives is the busy response when a call is set to that phone. And that busy is the same as any other busy.

So there is a 50/50 situation here..

Either configure dnd to change a profile state and set that profile to disconnect call or voicemail. LIke this you can still not be disturbed and your profile change will show as away in the MyPhone.
    Or use DND to send a busy. MyPhone will still show you as available.

Any other suggestions? Maybe any suggestions on how this should be? Because at the moment the templates are set to send a busy tone.

14. shiftf7

It's not perfect - but we have programmed our Yealink phones to send the away code [*31] when the phones are put into DND mode by pressing the DND button. I think 3CX should have both AWAY and DND states so that users of a 3CX system can see which state another user is in. I feel both states are valid and should be published by the phone system.

15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

open on ideas.3cx.com or check whether it is already there

16. Discovery Technology

Hi Nick,

We have found with a few of our installations that changing the DND toggle code in the template to set away and set available for v10 is the preferred option for our customers as at least they can see that the user is unable to take calls in their myphone interface.

Unfortunately this occassionally seems to get stuck and the *31 or *30 code is hung on a call with the system. Once it gets to this point, it appears that only a services restart will clear the hung call - it can't be disconnected via the management console for the myphone interface.

We also saw this occur with the DND codes: *61 or *60.

Is this a known issue with the dial codes?

I have seen this on at least three installations with Snom phones and 1 with Yealink.

17. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The problem is known yes. it is a user problem and partially a problem in the snom where the speaker does not turn on in these circumstances.

What is happening is that users are pressing the DND button - (but there is no indication that the status has been pressed). Ideally the user should hear "your status has changed to away" for example. however everything is silent.

So they press it again and again thinking that nothing is happening or that it does not work. This creates a stuck call when you do this a lot of times. Keep in mind that a call is made to the ivr and a prompt is being played. Now a lot of sim instructions of this type from the same extension will start giving problems. Then a service restart is required of waiting for approx 5 min. You need to press it once and trust it.

tell your users to press this once and look at the myphone. In 20 seconds tops their status will be updated on the web. Actual phone functionality will take place in 2 seconds tops.

18. plewis

I am adding my .02, we were very fond of DND meaning "I'm not to be disturbed," and it has an important and different meaning than away. Our biggest consumers of DND info was the reception staff, and they are frustrated.

I'll be looking for the idea on ideascale.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.