Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v10 - Pick up ANY ringing extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jr3151006, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

Hi all,

we have a 'ring group' with 8 extension members; users asked me about a code to dial for pick up the call without needs to know what extension is ringing!

I found many posts on 3CX forum about that 'feature' but without solution. I´m wrong?

** In our test I tried to dial *20* only or *20* + RingGroupNumber without success!!!

Can anyone help us???

tks,

Renato P

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Hi,

I also want to report same problem but regarding queue calls that we have experienced. Since upgrading to version 10 call pickup code *20* no longer works for queue calls.

Perhaps it is the same issue? Could someone from 3CX confirm or advice what to do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

1) Pickup *20* is not free feature
    2) Pickup from queue (polling calls) has been temporarily disabled, because we have had a lot of problems with simultaneous pickups (at the same time from two or more phones). At the moment this is (supposedly) fixed and are in test. So if fix is reliable - it will be available soon.

4. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Sounds great - thanks! If this information had been in the release notes it would have saved us some time and worries ;) .

5. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

Just fyi,

the option to dial *20* doesn´t work for DEMO or FREE key; I´m using a NFR Key for that customer tests and it works fine.

* You can replace that code to other one, from Settings\Advanced\Custom Parameters.

tks,

Renato P

6. FBW

FBW New Member

Renato,

With what phones are you using it?
    We tried with several phones and 3CX Phone but it doesn't work.

Given the fact that support says this feature is temporarily disabled I'm surprised you succeed in using it. We're using the NFR key ourselves.

7. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

Hi,

we are using Cisco Phones (SPA922, SPA502G and SPA504g).

8. nbailey

nbailey Member

It is actually easier to just change the code from Settings\Advanced\Dial Codes which lists all the dial codes.

9. FBW

FBW New Member

Does this mean that changing the dial codes will fix it?
    Or is call pickup still not working?

10. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

It doesn't matter, I just mentioned this because messing around with custom parameters is not the best way to change settings for most users. It is not working yet, and the Update for it is TBD.

Thanks,
    Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.