v10 SP2 MyPhone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by FBW, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FBW

FBW New Member

Hi,

Did any of you experience an extra feature since upgrading to SP2?
    We now have phone calls remaining active in MyPhone whilst on the 3CX console you don't see these calls.

Even more the calls are actually not there.
    I tried pickup and hangup without any result.
    Finally I logged off MyPhone and back on again and the this call dissapreared.

These calls show on ALL MyPhone clietns not just one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

did you also update the MyPhone Desktop Components?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FBW

FBW New Member

Yes man, all is up to date ;)

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

What type of calls are these stuck calls?

Are they for example coming from a voip provider to a queue?
    Internal calls Ext 1 to Ext 2 for example?

do they happen often or after a time of operation? Can you replicate these easily?

5. FBW

FBW New Member

Hi Nicky,

These calls come from a SIP provider into a queue after being filtered in an IVR.
    This is the setup we've always used.

I can't really say how often this occurs or if it's on regular intervals. We'll keep monitoring it.
    But anyway they're all incoming calls.

As by accident, a customer using v9 experienced the same issue yesterday.
    I suppose this is pure coincidence though (at least for now).

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

re v9 lets not discuss it. that is something different.

What I am concerned is because this is a stuck call in myphone as you correctly checked that in the management console this does not appear. This is a good tip. This means that there might be a Webserver / Myphone cached problem.

Can we try on one silverlight instance to clear the cache and try again?

Also can you keep an instance of OOB Open and another Browser instance both open at the same time? Can we check whether these are stuck calls on both or on one of them?

Clear the silverlight cache on one machine only. We need to find out whether

It happens on OOB, Browser mode or both
    Whether it happens on all connected clients

When you see this send me a screenshot + MyPhone logs in My documents folder + generate support information from the server. Thanks for your help.

7. cfive

cfive Member

I'm seeing this behaviour where IIS is in use (WS 2008 r2), but not seeing it where Abyss is in use.

8. cfive

cfive Member

Diederik,

Which web server are you using, IIS or Abyss?
    If IIS, what version?
    Are any of your extensions 'remote', or are all on the local LAN?
    Do you notice whether the calls that do not update on completion are originating from the outside, or the 3cx end?

Thanks, Les.

9. cfive

cfive Member

In my case, it is the "Calls" section that is not updating properly.

The Extension Status section is updating correctly, you can see the call status of each extension. Example, outside call comes in and is answered by an extension. The extension status is "On a Call". The Calls section shows the source and call status.

When the call is ended, the Extension status updates to "Available", but the Call continues to show in the Calls section. When the external call was answered by 999, the Call Status shows "On a call with voice mail <timer>", and it will remain there with the <timer> counting. There are in fact no calls present in the management console. The only way to clear the Calls section is to exit MyPhone and log in again.

Not every call results in this behaviour, and I haven't yet determined if it's random or if there is a pattern.

- Les.

10. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Contact me nb@3cx.com and I will provide a patch.

11. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I can confirm. I receiving complains from one of my customers.

12. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

download patch from here

http://www.3cx.com/downloads/v100/support/MyPhone.xap

What you have to do is go to this location
    for win 7 / 2008
    C:\ProgramData\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone\ClientBin

OR on 2003/xp here
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\MyPhone\ClientBin

Paste the above XAP file in the Clientbin folder. Rename the old one for backward compatability purposes.

Log out from your myphone and close it.

Restart the webserver

Access myphone again

Let us know on the progress you make with this. I am monitoring this post.

########

If you have problems do the following:

A) I need to know the webserver used
    B) I would need to know whether the stuck calls are shown on a remote connection (external to the server) or in the local network (or both)
    C) Install MyPhone locally on the problematic computer. Repeat the test again
    D) go to MyDocuments folder - open MyPhone folder and inside there will be a log file - send me that log file - nb@3cx.com
    E) When you repeat the test make sure you have 2 myphones open - one installed locally and one in browser mode. We need to understand whether in this scenario the stuck calls are observed everywhere or not. if in both or in any of them please specify.
    F) After you replicate a stuck call, log out and log in again. If it is disappearing at log in, then the bug is reproduced 100%

Thanks

13. martinpluss

We have the same issue using IIS on 2008r2. Just rolled out the patch now. Will update when we have some feedback from the users.

14. cfive

cfive Member

I believe the issue is with remote MyPhone connections only, not those local to the PBX. And so far, after application of the patch I haven't seen the issue reappear.

Thanks, Les.

15. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We had an issue with remote MyPhones yes. Caused by nettcp fallback to http communication. This patch in the above post has been re-updated yesterday after noon. Anyone with this problem download it again and test. Let me know on the outcome

16. FBW

FBW New Member

Hi Les,
    We're using IIS 7 on Win 2008.
    We have several remote extensions.
    Calls do not update upon completion.

We've installed a patch from 3CX but apparently this hasn't completely solved the problem.

I'll keep you guys posted.

17. FBW

FBW New Member

Nicky,

Since MyPhone stopped working in the early afternoon I just reapplied your patch to be sure we have the latest one.
    However I still get a message in the MyPhone website: unknown error occured. PLease restart the application.

Any ideas?

18. nbailey

nbailey Member

did you by chance uninstall the OOB after you applied the patch and reinstall it?

Thanks,
    Nate

19. FBW

FBW New Member

Nate,

I uninstalled the offline MyPhone and Outlook plugin.
    After I applied the 'latest' patch I did an IISreset and even restarted all 3CX services.

Now I have the following situation:
    1. MyPhone only available via external URL and not via the internal one. That's not an immediate issue.
    2. I can login on the MyPhone public URL but the link to download and install the offline version is no longer available. So now I'm stuck without offline MyPhone.

I think Nicky will need to look into this some further.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.