• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V10 SP3 not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulg

Reaction score
When logging onto the console on the server, under Service Packs/Updates, we do not see Service Pack 3 as an available update. How do we get this installed, or is there a problem preventing our server from seeing SP3 as available?

It is something related to cache in your server -- other users also complained about.
Try clearing the system cache rebooting your machine.

Regards

are you using a proxy server? others have complained about this when using one. I have not run into it but then again I dont have alot of people using a proxy.

We are not using a proxy server. What is odd is that under Service Packs/Updates we have service Packs 1.1 and 2 listed (and then status up to date). We are currently running SP2. 3CX just doesn't seem to see that SP3 is available.

Also, I have rebooted the server, but still no joy.

I have a similar problem, the "tick box" icons do not look the same as on the other pages (they are larger) and do not allow a tick. I haven't yet re-booted the system to see if that clears it...sometime this week, as time allows.

Make sure you are logging into the Windows Management Console on the server itself and not the web interface.

Yes, it is not available from the Windows Management Console on the server itself.

I guess in the windows start menu->3CX there were two Management icons , one with a small Firefox in the centre, which opened the browser. That was the one I had copied to the desktop, and had been using, in error.

My issue, is that even on the Windows Management Console, the update does not show up. It has SP 1.1 (which it then says up to date) and SP2 (which it also says is up to date), even though I can't actually click on the check boxes to download. I am guessing because I already have SP2 installed.

Nonetheless, SP3 still does not show up as an available update.

Seems like something being wrong with your Windows installation.
Regards

I'm sorry, but could you perhaps be a little more specific? This is a new server with a fresh copy of Windows Server 2008. The 3CX has installed and functioned properly with the exception of this issue. Is there a way to manually download the SP, or is there any kind of a log by 3CX that would tell where a failure might be happening? The firewall test checks out just fine, and the server is able to access the Internet without a problem.

It should be something specific with your installation of Windows / 3CX, really don't have an idea.
I maintain over 10 installations of 3CX and I didn't have this problem.

However, I saw a similar complain from somebody else in the forums (I didn't managed to find the post), but the issue was related to proxy caching, so the running 3cx server was not checking in fact the 3cx site for updates, but the local cache copy. The issue was solved by clearing the cache. The behavior is somehow different from SP2 and earlier.

Regards

Issue seems to have resolved itself. I didn't really try much since the last time. I installed Wireshark on the 3CX server, and then went into the 3CX Phone System Updates -> 3CX Service Packs/Updates. I captured the network packets while doing so, and after locating some HTTP Get Requests for some XML files on a server on the Internet, I tried to manually browse to the site.

A few minutes later, I got an e-mail that a service pack was ready for my server, and then lo and behold, the 3CX Service Packs/Updates turned red. I went back in there, and SP3 was now available.

I still have no idea how or why it fixed itself, but I'll just accept that it's now installed, and move on. Thanks for all that replied.

You might have a transparent proxy between you and 3CX servers. That's what happened to me event when previous updates didn't have any problem. Funny thing was that IE in the server was able to get the URL of the update but 3CX Management Console not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.