v10 SP6 back to SP5 Possible?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cfive, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfive

cfive Member

Hi,

On the weekend, I updated SP5>SP6. Is it possible that SP6 introduced some compatibility issue with either Patton 4114 or Grandstream handsets? Internal (between extension) calls are fine, but calls via patton 4114 (PSTN) result in very choppy audio.

Is it possible to remove SP6 and revert to SP5?

Thanks - Les.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. efounco

efounco New Member

I haven't gone from SP6 to SP5, but I have gone from SP5 to SP4 by simply backing everything up, uninstalling the new and re installing the old. I keep a copy of every release on the network just in case...

3. netswork

netswork Active Member

I am about to setup a 4114 on a new install with sp6 ill see if it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cfive

cfive Member

I see my 4114's ethernet port is set to 10mb 1/2 duplex - I presume this is set by the 3cx configuration file generated as I don't believe that's default.

Is that in fact the best setting?

5. efounco

efounco New Member

I have no idea if it will solve your problems, but those Ethernet settings are a little slow/dated for most modern day switches. It should probably be set to "automatic". We have our 4960 and 3CX server connected to a 1gb switch. Obviously most POE switches are limited to 100mb.

6. netswork

netswork Active Member

I'm not sure what switches you are using but all of the Poe switches we deploy are gig switches. As with routers firewalls and other network gear it is wise to hard set the port and the gear at 100 full or 1000 full If it will do gig. Auto negotiation sometimes does not work and most people never catch it and have problems as a result.

7. cfive

cfive Member

The particular switch is a Cisco 300 series managed switch, GB and POE. The 10bmits 1/2 duplex setting on the Pattons seems to come from the 3cx generated config file. I was surprised to see it, but in fact I have 7 4114's on 3 different 3cx systems, and they are all set that way.

I've changed the running config of one of them to 100/full, and it seems to be fine. But I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do when the 3cx generated file seems to differ.

8. netswork

netswork Active Member

My guess is that it was a mistake in the configuration file from 3cx. You can contact patton directly for support, they are very helpful.

9. efounco

efounco New Member

Auto Negotiate works fine on my network, YMMV...

Unless you need POE for high speed/resolution cameras and/or optical sensors, IMHO, it's a waist of money purchasing expensive 1gb POE switches (i.e 48 1gb POE ports) versus less expensive (stack-able) 100bt POE switches with a few 1g/10g up-links. Most POE devices don't support 802.3at 1gb standard simply because they don't require the extra bandwidth.

10. hfournier

11. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I'd definely contact support as well I dont really see how the switch can be the problem, have you upgraded to the newest firmware?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.