Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v10 spk1 - Is this an ATTACK attempt????

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jr3151006, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

HI,

I found that curious information on my logs, since the extension '100' is used only on a SIP phone (SPA 502) in our office... Is this an attack attempt??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

if this address 188.161.246.xx is foreign (not used by you) that was a rejected attempt for registration

this is still not an attack if not repeating (at least you need over 25 failed attempts in a short period to be considered such) - have a look on anti-hacking settings in Version 10 and search the blog / forums

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nbailey

nbailey Member

hey Renato,

you have disallow extension from registering outside the local lan checked which is good, I would change the auth ID and password on this extension and keep an eye on this IP address. So no matter what they won't be able to authenticate this extension outside the lan, but do double check your settings and look into that IP address, it could be a hack attempt.

Thanks,

Nate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.