Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v10 spk1 - Remote Ext show as REGISTERED even don't be

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jr3151006, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

To 3CX Dev Team
    ###############
    Is there an internal timer on 3CX server to check after each 'X' minutes what extensions are registered?

I´m asking that since I used my SmartPhone (Samsung Galaxy I9000B - Android Froyo 2.2) in the last wednesday when visit the office and today looking via webinterface my extesion appears like 'REGISTERED'. Why??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

see if you can change the registration expiration time on the sip client. i have found that some are set to a large number and will make it look like they are registered when they are not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. snowsam

Related but unrelated, I believe I have seen extensions that showed registered (even when nothing is physically registered) when the extension is set up to forward to ring external (mobile) number.

4. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

Snowsam,

It´s not my case! I will check the registration expiration settings.

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try reducing the MAXEXPIRATION parameter to 300 seconds:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/3cx-phone-system-parameters-table/

This will increase the traffic load to 3CX but will provide more accurate information about the registration status of the remote phone. Try also reducing the registration period on the phone itself (in most phones the default is 3600 seconds).

The other useful parameter is SIPPINGPERIOD. Try setting it to something like 60 seconds. This will also help learning the actual status of an extension.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.