Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v10 spk1 - Users claim ECHO during external calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jr3151006, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

Hi,

we have v10spk1 running on XP spk3 and some Cisco phone (SPA 502g and 504g - using P.O.E switch) and 'SOME' users are claiming regarding echo during external calls (outbound/inbound via sip trunk or via gateway - SPA400).

How can I debug this issue? It would be related with network latency? Codec used in the phones?

* I´m monitoring right now through SNMP my ADSL modem connection, 3cx server and so on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Could be that you just need to turn the microphone gain on the phone down.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. willow

willow Member

echo is normally an impendence issue between two wired deviced. I would try Kerry's idea first, alot of echo has been fixed by simply turning the volume down or turning off automatic gain control for the handset.

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I would agree but if 'some' users are complaining of echo with these particular phones, I am leaning towards it being an acoustic echo via feedback in the handset and not an impedance issue since it is not affecting everyone.

5. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

I cannot found an option to enable/disable the Gain for the headset but I found the information bellow. To me it seems that the 'gain' is disabled to all options. It´s Correct?

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Try
    Handset Input Gain: -2

Try to find a balance where the echo stops but the volume to the other person isn't too low.

7. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

Ok Kerry,

I´ll try and monitor.

tks a lot!!

8. netswork

netswork Active Member

Where did you find to adjust the gain? I dont see anything in the phone provisioning files for gain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.