V10 Voicemail Requiring # 0 to save or leave MSG

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gcannon, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcannon

We recently upgraded to V10 (commericial edition) and we are having a problem with VoiceMail.

SYSTEM:
    3CX 8 CONCURENT LICENSE
    HOST - WINDOWS 2008 (hyper-v)
    GUSEST MACHINE - (3CX) WINDOWS 2008 R2 (ALL UPDATES)
    Grandstream 1450 phones.
    Broadvox SIP provider

This happens whether it is an internal ext to ext call or external from a outside caller to an extension.

The call comes in and it gets transfered to that persons extention. After 4 rings, they get the users greeting. At the beep they leave their message (15 seconds) and hang up. The voice mail never shows up. You can even call the extension mailbox and it say not messages.

If you call and leave a message then press # 0 (to save the message) everything works.
    We have made 0 changes to the system... it just stopped working.

I have reboot the server and even the phones ( i know.. I tried anything and everything).

Any ideas what to check next?

Gregg
    Desktop Assistance, LP

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

could you disable any Anti-Virus software and test again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gcannon

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the information. It is definately related to Anti-Virus.

We use AVG Business Edition 2011. We have the AVG client installed on the Host Windows 2008 R2 Server and the Guest Winidows 2008 R2 Server (3CX). When I disbale the AVG on the Host, external incoming calls seem to be able to leave a message. When I diable the AVG on the 3CX (guest) server, internal calls can leave voice mail.

Any ideas what ports to tell AVG to allow for voice mail?

I really apprecaite the help!!!! Good call on the AV. I would have never thought it would have been teh Anti-Virus.

Gregg

4. davidbenwell

we had the same problem with AVG, funny enough we did another install of 3CX with AVG last month on Windows 2008 and that all seems ok.

so some installs are ok and others are not, We are AVG Partners so will also have a chat with the support team and with 3CX and see what can be done about this.

Could you try putting an exclusion path to the 3CX FILES? Within AVG (Resident Shield)

Paths to exclude
    C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem
    C:\ProgramData\3CX

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gcannon

Hi Dave,

I turned off Resident Shield and it seem to not make a difference.... which seemd strange to me.

I turned off Scan DLL libraries and turned off Scan Drivers in the Anti-Root kit and it seems to work. (Still doing more testing though).

Another 3CX partner told me that 3CX uses IIS web services to handle VoiceMail so we are doing more investigation in that area. He too suggested to setup a Excludes List in AVG to not scan 3CX folders.

I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks for your help!
    Gregg

6. davidbenwell

this is not a IIS web server issue, also appens if you have AVG and Abyss Web Server

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.