Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V11 and SQL

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

I'm currently running V10 without any problems but thought it was about time I upgraded to V11.

My usual practice is to load a new version on a test server, do some testing and if everything OK load onto the live server.

Initial testing of V11 is fine, but I noticed a warning appear during the installation saying something about do not load onto the same machine as SQL server.

Suffice to say that my live server runs SQL server as well.

Can anyone advise is it just a performance issue or is there a conflict somewhere?

Thanks in advance
    Iain

2. kevin

kevin Member

@Iain

Mainly about performance issues, and also because we do not perform any in-house testing for such a combination. 3CX Phone System will install its own database engine (PostgreSQL), and having 2 database engines competing for resources is almost never a good idea.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. haywardi

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the insight.

Do you know if this has changed with v11?

I ask as I have v10 and sql-server 2008 residing on the same server at the moment without any problems and would like to continue with this setup if possible.

Iain

4. kevin

kevin Member

@haywardi

V11 and V10 both use PostgreSQL as their back end database, so in that respect they are the same.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. haywardi

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the info as it means I can safely run V11 and SQL-server together :) phewwww.

Can't vouch that this setup will work for anyone else, but V10 has been run for circa a year and never had a problem or conflict. In fact V10 has been a case of set and forget....

Iain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.