Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V11 Issue???

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lneblett, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Started playing with V11 finally. I may have found an issue, although not certain.

In any event, I installed the system and did a firewall check and all passed. I then made an inbound call and ccould see the trunk go busy and send to the digital receptionist (DR). I get no audio and the log reflects this by indicating -
    Can't send RTP stream to 208.94.XXX.XX:31104 destination unreachable.

I tried again with similar results.
    Can't send RTP stream to 208.94.XXX.XX:30254 destination unreachable

The only thing I did following was to dial the DR internal extension and this time I got audio with no issue.

I then called from outside to inside as I did in the initial steps and all worked.
    08:44:08.872 [MS210000] C:6.1:Offer received. RTP connection: 208.94.XXX.XX:36182(36183)

I tried it again, and again all was well.
    C:7.1:Offer received. RTP connection: 208.94.XXX.XX:37174(37175)

I then stopped the services and did a restart all.

Upon the restart, I was again unable to get audio and received the same messages as above when not successful.

After repeating my earlier internal dialing of the DR (800), all returned to a normal status where I could make and hear calls from the outside to inside. I made sure that all the services showed to be up and running prior to running the tests. I also turned off Windows firewall just to be sure. It had no affect. On the surface it seems that after starting the service, I have to make an internal call to the DR, before any outside calls will pass audio. Once this is done all seems well.

Apparently, I can repeat this issue at will.

Has anyone else observed this.

I have not yet tried to see about call forwarding to external extensions. That is next.

2. njfrost

Thanks for posting this, as it has led me to a solution for my problem, which is that Digital Receptionist intermittently stopped working, while I was developing an IVR in VAD.

I see exactly the same behaviour as you describe:
    "Can't send RTP stream to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxx destination unreachable".
    And I too can clear the problem by phoning the IVR extension from my 3CX soft phone.

But for me, the real solution was found in another thread. I have turned off STUN requests, and set my Static Public IP.
    [Settings \ Network \ STUN Server] Of course, you do need a static IP to do this, and the 3CX services need a restart.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Interesting,

My problem went away, but I had attributed it to me updating from one of the earlier beta releases to a later one. Of course, I also made changes along the way and I assume it possible that STUN was one. I know for a fact that I had used STUN, just can't recall exactly when I moved away from it, but it very well could have been at the same time, In any event, something to keep in the back of my head should I run into it again. Thanks,

4. capitol1

There is a bug in STUN for v11 if you're running 3CX on a 64-Bit server. It's supposed to be fixed in Service Pack 2, but there's no ETA on when this will be released.

The STUN issue is intermittent, so if you still have STUN enabled, the issue may come back.

5. njfrost

Yes, I am using a 64-bit version of Windows 7, so that would explain it.
    Am I right in thinking that a commercial installation would not tend to use STUN anyway? I'm a total novice at telephony!

6. mixig

mixig Active Member

if your 3cx pbx is behind the NAT and you dont have static ip for your WAN connection you must use stun so that 3cx knows its IP address. if you are behind the NAT and use staic IP on your WAN you can disable stun in 3cx and put the ip manually

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.