V11 new template

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by donbru01, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Hi , on V11 i have modify template for GXV3140 about set Language = it ( not in 3cx template default ) and insert phonebook path provisioning ( not in 3cx template default ).
    Ok this work , but i have this problem :
    1. i modify template and save model as , example grandstreamvideoIT.ph.xml and name example GXV3140-Bruno
    2. after this change , when i verify list of template i see 2 new template named GXV3140 and GXV3175

This is difficult in this case , suppose what is Template correct :::))-

I upload two screen-shoot

Attached Files:

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I have been managing my templates manually in NotePad
    When I make a change and want to keep an old version, I save it in NotePad in a folder called 3cx on the server.
    But I always save the files using their default name so there is only 1 file in the 3cx drop down.

Sometimes, though, we might have departments with different requirements but the same phone, so multiple templates is needed.

My guess, though, is that this might be a bug. It would be nice to see in the Dropdown the name that I use in the template <name> or when I save the file...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pjr

pjr New Member

This is the same in any version of 3CX.

As you have saved the new template under a different file name but not modified the <Name> Value in the template file itself.

Make the modifications you need (ie change the language etc) but amend the name of the template in the <name> section of the template also and the new name will appear in the drop down list after you save.

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

This is not the case. Atleast in v11 (Beta 1)
    I rename my templates using <name> and they still show us as the original template name.

I have found the name is taken from <model> - at least on my Yealink templates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.