• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V11 SP1 installation error

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakley

Customer
Reaction score
I have used the console to download and install SP1 for V11 build says 27011.711. My current version is V11.026364.600. When the download complete I get an error and the system rolls back. :cry:

Hi,

What error did you get? Which OS? 32/64 bit?

Sorry I did not notice this thread.. I posted the same problem in "Version 11 Service Pack 1 fails to install"

Apparently I am not the only one, not to be alone gives me a better feeling ;)

recommend to backup, uninstall 3cx.
reboot. install 3cx with spa
use the backup when prompted during install.

Why we did not perform a backup/restore:

1) 3CX specify when a backup/restore procedure is needed. In this case 3CX did not.

2) It is rather primitive if one has to go through a backup/restore cycle just for a patch. Perhaps you noticed the problems other users had with restoring in some cases.

3) Patching version 10, 5 times as I remember well, did not give any problem at all.

4) We are maintaining 3CX installations for some of our clients so you will have to multiply the 15 minutes by a number of clients.

However I came to the same conclusion as you did. Since some users had problems after installing the patch and since our current installations are running very smooth I guess we are going to skip this patch.

Thank you ;)

The error is just a message box saying
The update procedure failed. For more information check the log. Press OK to restore your system

In the 3cxupdater.log there is this
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll' because it is being used by another process.
at PhoneSystemUpdater.ProgressUpdater.UpdateFile(ZipInputStream& s, String filePath, String rollBackFile)

Windows 2008 x32 sp2

I got over the issue by uninstalling and then re-installing using the backup I took before the uninstall. After this I was able to apply both SP1 and then SP2 without any issue. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.