Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V11 SP1 installation error

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oakley, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oakley

I have used the console to download and install SP1 for V11 build says 27011.711. My current version is V11.026364.600. When the download complete I get an error and the system rolls back. :cry:

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

Hi,

What error did you get? Which OS? 32/64 bit?

3. HenkdeVree

Sorry I did not notice this thread.. I posted the same problem in "Version 11 Service Pack 1 fails to install"

Apparently I am not the only one, not to be alone gives me a better feeling ;)

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

recommend to backup, uninstall 3cx.
    reboot. install 3cx with spa
    use the backup when prompted during install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HenkdeVree

Why we did not perform a backup/restore:

1) 3CX specify when a backup/restore procedure is needed. In this case 3CX did not.

2) It is rather primitive if one has to go through a backup/restore cycle just for a patch. Perhaps you noticed the problems other users had with restoring in some cases.

3) Patching version 10, 5 times as I remember well, did not give any problem at all.

4) We are maintaining 3CX installations for some of our clients so you will have to multiply the 15 minutes by a number of clients.

However I came to the same conclusion as you did. Since some users had problems after installing the patch and since our current installations are running very smooth I guess we are going to skip this patch.

Thank you ;)

6. oakley

The error is just a message box saying
    The update procedure failed. For more information check the log. Press OK to restore your system

In the 3cxupdater.log there is this
    System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\3CX PhoneSystem\Bin\3CXEventLog.dll' because it is being used by another process.
    at PhoneSystemUpdater.ProgressUpdater.UpdateFile(ZipInputStream& s, String filePath, String rollBackFile)

Windows 2008 x32 sp2

7. oakley

I got over the issue by uninstalling and then re-installing using the backup I took before the uninstall. After this I was able to apply both SP1 and then SP2 without any issue. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.