V12.0.53-registering via cell network

Discussion in 'Android' started by patrickrivard, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Since There were no logical explanation to this issue yet, I'm posting the info required to troubleshoot...

V12.0.53-registering via cell network
    Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-1337M)
    Firmware Version: [4.2.2]

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Connection: [3G]
    Server: [External]

This version of 3cx on Android works great over WiFi, but will not register over a cellular network, any of them...
    Earlier versions use to work, but not this one...

Thank you for any help

Patrick Rivrad

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What is the definition of...any of them? How many have you tried?

In the 3CX log, is there any sign of a login attempt?

3. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Any of them is: Rogers wireless, Bell Mobility & Telus mobility. Those are the three major carrier in Canada.
    And before anyone asks; yes all on the same Phone!
    I can access any cameras on the same network from any of these cell carriers

No sign of any login attemp in the 3CX logs...

It works great over WiFi, but nothing over any cell network...

Thank you for your help

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well, it's probably not the carrier. I've successfully used both 3G and 4G with one of those.

That leaves, the phone (hardware), a setting in the 3CX phone, or perhaps, and less likely, a conflict with another App.

Given that the S4 is not an obscure model, I would suggest that you go over all of the settings again especially the server settings. If the 3CX logs are not even showing a log of an attempted registration, then I would suspect that the Public IP, URL or port is not correct.

When you used over wifi, was it on the same LAN (as the PBX), or at a remote hotspot?

You're not going by the Presence info in the top left corner are you?

5. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Leejor,

I have double checked both the Public IP and port and they are correct. I have also double checked the Router /Firewall to see if all ports were properly configured...
    As for over wifi, it ison the same LAN (as the PBX).
    NO, I'm not going by the Presence info in the top left corner.

Also I use the "Auto Provisioning" for that phone.
    I have removed the 3CX app on the phone and rebooted, reinstalled V12, Auto Prov (from the server), but still no luck...
    see below screen shots
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sf181i8hyyvtl9e/Screenshot_2013-10-29-20-31-17.png
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jiu2w6ynmi6kk5j/Screenshot_2013-10-29-20-31-02.png

I'm lost here...

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try getting it to work from a remote wifi location rather than the local LAN. I have always manually provisioned the phone. If you auto provisioned then some of the additional "Out of Office" parameters may not be correct, for some reason. are you trying to connect to a static public IP, or using a dynamic DNS service?

If you are "pointed" to the correct IP, and port, then there should be a record of an attempted registration in the 3CX logs, even if the user name and password were incorrect.

Did you check the IP Blacklist to see if the phones IP is in there? That may happen if there are too many incorrect registrations.

7. patrickrivard

patrickrivard New Member

Ok I got it to work partially...
    I have added some other ports on the firewall (TCP 4000 & 5077) but not sure if it helped or not... are those ports needed?
    I have deleted the accout on the phone and reprov manually with only the Static IP and the UN & PW of the account and it worked... But it still does not work through the tunel...
    What is the purpose of the tunel if it does not work???

Thank you for your help

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It sounds as if something did not auto-provision properly. I have never actually used that feature as I like to know exactly what is in the settings, and i find it really doesn't take much time to do it. On a large installation, or extremely complicated sets, I'm sure it's great.

You should not have to forward those port 4000 and 5077, only 9000 to 9049, 5060 and 5090 if you use the tunnel. Port 5000 is required if you want to use the presence status in Ver 12.

If I recall, when manually provisioning, for out of office, you need the public IP/Domain (I think the port defaults to 5060), the local IP of the 3CX server, and user "name" (ext #) and password. that info should at least get your registration to show up in the 3Cx logs. Other Tweaks might be required, depending on issues that crop up.

I have had no issue with the tunnel, over 4G, using version 11 and 12, in fact it is usually more reliable when using some hotspots.

One thing, to consider, if you do use a hotspot, is the local SIP port. i try to use something a bit higher than the default 5060, 5061 as they may already be in use if the hotspot location is also hosting VoIP. Of course that is not going to be a concern if you are only using 3G or 4G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.