Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v12 3CX Phone for Windows

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by layton, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layton

Is there any way to resize this window? Trying to work with recordings is painful at best and practically unusable at worst. Recordings are sorted by file name, which means they're sorted by Caller ID followed by date/time stamp. If you don't know the Caller ID info of the recording you're looking for you have to manually browse the entire list hovering your mouse over potential matches to see the full file name. At a bare minimum we should be able to resize the window to see the entire file name and sort by file date. Searching against file names would be nice, as would the ability to multi-select recordings to delete en-mass. In the meantime, it looks like we're going to have to go back to the old standby of mapping a drive letter to each user's recordings folder on the 3CX server for everyone to actually be able to work with their recordings and not become homicidally enraged :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kristijonas

Ability to resize would really help. Most of our workers are using 3cxphone v11 client for presence, calling (when right clicked), etc. And they have hardphones for everything else.
    So seeing more contact in the same screen really helps.
    And "show presence information in larger screen" is a big behemoth, where you cannot see all people in all groups at the same time anyway.

3. amarsys

I get the impression that 3CXPhone for Windows is really 3CX Phone for Windows Phone, not desktop Windows. It is clearly not a Windows application. It desperately needs to be resizable. I can't believe this got out of beta testing like this.

4. powercomp

3CXPhone v12 is an unmitigated disaster which makes Windows 8 look good. While it may work well on a handheld device, every former MyPhone user WENT POSTAL upon trying to use 3CXPHONE. We had to roll back to v11 and are delaying all v12 installations until something changes with 3CXPHONE.

5. kevin

kevin Member

The major points raised by this thread are:

1. 3CX Phone for Windows currently cannot be re-sized, but if it were possible to re-size the window it would improve the user experience.
    2. A search mechanism for call recordings is needed
    3. Multiple select function for recordings and subsequent deletion is needed
    4. Improvement to Hot Key functionality (currently requires too many key-presses)

Please note that comments such as "user x cannot use the application" are not useful/helpful unless accompanied by specific points within the user experience which can be addressed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. powercomp

I though I made the "specific point" ... ALL of our MyPhone end users, everyone of them hate 3CXPHONE. It's not that it doesn't work
    they simply hated it, did not want to use it and wanted MyPhone back.

Common comments were:
    - it's hard to see
    - I miss the colored icons and right click functions
    - why doesn't the f11 key work anymore
    - it won't resize
    - it's very hard to login when I switch desks
    - what do these symbols mean

For new installs, I'm sure end users will adopt 3CXPHONE with bliss full ignorance. My best suggestion would be to bring back MyPhone in V12 as an option. A lot of our users actually like using MyPhone AND 3CX Softphone at the same time; using 2 different extensions (they use 3cx SoftPhone for separate video calls) while using MyPhone for voice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.