Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v12.5 3CX Phone for Windows on Terminal Server

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ayachem, Nov 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ayachem

Hello,
    I have the 3CX Phone for Windows (for v12.5) installed and functioning on our terminal server (Windows Server 2008 R2 RDS). I was wondering if there is a way to automatically or at least partially publish the configuration file for the users automatically? Logging into the admin and emailing them every time we need to setup a user on the terminal server isn't unbearable, but it is annoying.

Thanks!
    Michelle

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Aren't you sending them the config file already to set up their voicemail since it includes their PIN number?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ayachem

For first time setup, yes, I can send out an email. So they already have their 3CX on a local machine, but if they login with a new profile to the terminal server, that means we need to send or store that config file for each user for easy re-configuration. I'm just wondering if there's a way to auto-configure for all users automatically. Other apps use single sign-on or Active Directory integration to pull settings. If it were a hard-phone, it could use DHCP auto-provision settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Michelle

4. oekimeri

Dear All,

I've a problem on Windows RDS 2012 R2 servers. We have successfully published the 3cx for windows client and logged on the users. But we are facing sound quality issues. We can hear everything cleary from inbound or outbound calls but the outbound clients cannot hear us clearly do you have and news about that?

5. ayachem

We were able to apply QOS settings for the terminal server using group policy. That way the traffic outbound from the terminal server is tagged correctly. You will need to make sure all virtual and physical switches then honor those QOS settings to ensure good performance. In our case, we set DSCP values.

Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Policy-based QoS > QoS Policies

Name: 3CXWin8Phone-RTP-out
    DSCP Value : 56
    Throttle Rate (KBps): Not Specified
    Protocol: UDP
    Application: 3CXWin8Phone.exe
    Source IP: Any
    Destination IP: Any
    Source Port: Any
    Destination Port: 7000:7499

Name: 3CXWin8Phone-RTP-out
    DSCP Value : 24
    Throttle Rate (KBps): Not Specified