Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V12.5 - Number of digits - Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Futureweb, Nov 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hello,

is there any possibility to change to Number of Digits from 3 to 4 - without reinstalling / reconfiguring everything from Scratch?
    Just tried reinstall + Backup Restore - but the Backup of course also restores 3 Digit Extensions ... :-/

Thx
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

No, not if you want your system to work properly. I suggest exporting the extensions to CSV and uninstall/reinstall new system. Edit the CSV file to the new extensions and import. That will save most of the work setting up the new system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

I feared this answer will come ... ;-)

One big Problem with that - extensions Export won't export Rulesets, Phone Provisioning (BLFs, ...) and lot's of other Stuff ... so with lot's of Extensions thats still a pain in the a...

Andreas

4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Good point. I try to be consistent with blf and rule provisioning so the multselect and edit feature of the management console is a lifesaver on large systems. Then you only have to customize the people who need different.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.