• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v12 bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigreilly

Free User
Reaction score
1) Setup a Queue
Created a Queue. Added an external agent number with a 10 digit phone number, along with extensions 10, 11,12. These internal extensions are not logged into the queue.
All members are logged out. However, the external member is logged in by default.
The queue after 30 seconds should go to extension 10. (even tried different options here)

2)
I dialed the Queue, ext 80.
In the ACTIVITY log I see that no routes to the 10 digit external number were available (I did not have an outbound route set up for 10 digit phone numbers. I also setup the outbound rule, but selected BLOCK CALLS to see if it made a difference). It says the call is terminated. Yet, the caller is still on the phone and listening to the hold music. And, the caller hears an announcement saying 1 caller in the queue.

The server event log does not show a LOST CALL until the caller hangs up the call to ext 80.

So, I know why the Queue call didn't make it to the extenral agent - but the call should have been handled within 30 seconds with the "Destination if no answer" options. What if the trunk or voip circuit was busy or down that should handle outbound calls?

@craigreilly

The queue will deliver a call to the "Destination if no answer" section under the following circumstances:

1. If the "Maximum Queue Wait Time" is exceeded

OR

2. If all Internal Extensions (including external agents) are LOGGED OUT

OR

3. The caller presses the STAR key on his handset

The reachability or otherwise of the external number via the outbound rules is completely separate and does not form a part of the decision making process.

This behaviour is by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.