v12 Multiple Registrations to same provider

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Apr 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Anyone using the same provider with 2 separate accounts and requires registration for in and outbound calls in v12?
    (basically 2 VoIP Provider entries for same provider)

Show of hands please...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Yes I have this setup at a couple of locations, client has Broadvox 6 unlimited local trunks and 3 unlimited LD trunks. Both are registered to the same pbx, and Broadvox does require registration. Is there any reason in particular you ask?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

In my findings, they register fine but the wrong password is sent when placing a call thus it gets forbidden.
    It works fine for me in v11.
    The provider is already working with 3 cx to fix the issue. I am surprised to hear you have this working...

4. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

John:

I am very surprised about that too. Is that 2 accounts (user name/password) on the same Server IP uri? I see that they can register but only one trunk works the other gets forbidden.

5. jpillow

I completely missed the V12 comment, client is using V11 at each location... Each location has both trunks registered to the same pbx but again this is V11.

6. craigreilly

Thanks for the post back... Hopefully this will be resolved in quick order...

7. jpillow

So just to verify your saying this is like a known bug, correct?.... Glad I saw this post.

8. craigreilly

It has been submitted as a bug to support.

9. craigreilly

It appears this may be an issue with the From: User Part.
    I normally change this from AuthID, to Originator Caller ID or Extension Caller ID.

This works fine for the first registered account.
    But subsequent accounts send the wrong header info and the call fails.

This seems to work fine on a Grandstream UCM, and other systems, just fine.
    And I recall it working fine in v11.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.