V12 Phone missing MyPhone functionality

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sdirge, Sep 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdirge

One of the big reasons I went with 3cx was the Myphone desktop application which from what I understand was replaced by the normal 3cx softphone in V12. There are a couple of things off the surface that seem to be missing. Voicemail and caller management are poor I cant delete voicemails from the softphone and if I play on the desktop it get a prompt to save the .wav file. I also feel that the interface is not good compared to the myphone app. Are you going to at least make the v12 phone as functional as the myphone app?

2. instantexpert

Echoing these concerns, the Myphone app was used by my admins as a way to see who was on a call. Now the v12 phone is actually disruptive to their work because:

1. The phone app pops up on top of all other windows and interrupts typing. They do not want or need the phone functionality. They just need to monitor phone calls.
    2. The display of users no longer reflows to fit the screen size so I can't have two or three columns of extensions like I used to have.

This is a bad enough step backwards that I would not recommend this PBX to any user.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi sdirge

How are you trying to delete the voicemail? Please be a little more specific so we can help you with your issue.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sdirge

The voicemail deleting thing was my oversight.

The interface still needs a lot of work. Its not as functional as Myphone and way less intuitive. This change ruined the desktop experience for me with 3cx.

5. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

I'm not sure I correctly understood (sorry, "my" english) but the problem above can be easily solved with a simple trick: set the phone (as extension or device) on DND. In this way, basically you disable the phone functionality so you can use it only to monitor calls, without being disturbed.

The 3CXPhone is still in development, is still room for improvement, it will become better.

Regards
    vali

6. Index_eBusiness

I have to agree with sdirge.

I don't think you understand what we are saying so let me try and break it down.

We have just upgraded to v12 from v10 and the loss of the MyPhone App is a big disappointment.
    We have been using it for about 2 hours now and we are thinking of downgrading to v11 just to get that functionality back for our users.

We all have physical desktop phones so the MyPhone application as a companion app was great.

If it helps, here is a list of what we don't like about the new application

1. Too dark. You have gone from a nice clean bright interface to a really dark one.

2. Too small. The main application window (3CXPhone) is only 240px x 390px (roughly) and cannot be re-sized which means to get to other menus like voicemail, options etc we have to press a "more options" button becuase all of the buttons do not fit on the screen. Why are you forcing us to have an Android/Apple Phone size screen on a massive desktop?

3. You have added an option to set the default startup screen for 3CXPhone but this doesn't really work. We tried setting ours to "Presence Information" and then launched the 3CXPhone application. All it did was startup as normal and then it launched the "Presence Information" as an additional screen.

We really liked the ability to launch the old MyPhone application from the system tray and see straight away the Active Calls, etc etc. We can't do this now as easily. Instead, we have to launch the 3CXPhone application, this then launches the "Presence Information" as a seperate application which we finally have to make full screen to make any sense of it.

4. Every phone call that comes in now popups on screen - why cant we turn this off?

5. Our Queue Managers cannot log other users in or out of the queues. This is a really big problem as quite often people forget to logout of the queue and there is no quick simple way to correct this anymore.

6. Did I mention it's too dark?!

I know this may sound like a rant and in some ways it is because we used the old MyPhone Application every day (in fact we probably used it every hour!) and to find out it was dropped and replaced by an inferior product is not only confusing but very frustrating. Please bring back the old MyPhone application.

Regards
    Mark Donne
    http://www.indexeb.co.uk/
    http://www.leaveplanner.com/

7. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

I agree with Mark and the other people that has taken their time to write their thoughts about the new 3CX Phone here in the forums. Also in the German speaking forum I have read many good points about the new 3CX Phone.

My company has been selling 3CX Phone System for over five years and we really appreciate the product for its features, stability and ease of use. We have tried other PBX:es but 3CX has always had a great advantage over its competitors - a great Windows client. This is the face of the PBX to the end users and in many cases the single most important feature. So what happened with the 3CX Phone in v. 12 is a mystery to me.

The user-side of the PBX must be user-friendly, the users must like it, that is the most important thing. If they do not like it, something is wrong with the software (not the users) IMHO.

To make a good user-friendly PC software you have many good examples that you could collect good ideas of software design from. Just look at software that lots of users really appreciate like Skype, Lync, Bria, Telepo and Swyx. Why not take the best of them and make a 3CX Phone of it ;)? Seriously, there is no reason to reinvent the wheel.

3CX staff and management - please do listen to all great feedback that you get from your users. Collect it, analyse it and use it to make a much better Windows client.

And as I read in another post, why don't you use some of your resellers as test users for evaluation purposes during software development? By doing that you could get user feedback at a much earlier stage instead of after the release of a new version.

Best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.