v12 Phones Tab

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by craigreilly, Mar 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

So we just upgraded to v12. We have clicked all the phones and selected REPROVISION PHONES.
    They all went away and came back up and are working.

The status of every device shows no MAC ADDRESS, status="Reprovision Required"m and the "Launch Phone Interface" is greyed out.
    I am logged in to 3cx as ADMIN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. netswork

netswork Active Member

That happened to my systems with polycom phones when I upgraded to v12. I have yet to figure out how to resolve it. I get the launch phone interface but reprovision is grayed out. the MAC address says "unprovisioned" on all extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

strange. As I go into the extension and hit SAVE - the "Reprovision Request" goes away, still no MAC Address, still no Launch Phone Interface.
    When I hit save, I am on the Phone tab and notice the MAC goes from mixed case to uppercase.

4. craigreilly

So I figured out the issue - my phones were still assigned to my custom template.
    Once I changed to the template that came with v12 the Phones screen worked as needed.
    I just needed to add in my customizations to the new template file...

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

I guess I will have to use a program to compare the two. It was over a year ago when I made those templates. Glad you found a fix!

6. craigreilly

We only had a few customizations so it was fairly easy.
    -custom XML phonebook (takes 3cx and added info from Active Directory mobile phones)
    -all phones get Shared Parks - SP1,2,3,4,5
    -all phones have a Multicast listener and Multicast button to send pages
    -turn off the key tone when dialiong
    -all phones get the RECORD button to record conversations
    -DND button is set for *32 and *30 instead of *6x

7. carolinainnovative

I highly recommend WinMerge or, for something with fewer bells and whistles, try using notepad++... it has a "compare" feature as a plugin. If it isn't showing under the plugins menu, go to plugins -> plugin manager -> show plugin manager. Find "Compare", add it, restart Notepad++.

"ok, what's new in the template, THIS time?"

8. craigreilly

Thanks for the recommendation...

9. netswork

netswork Active Member

Ya I like notepad++

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.