V12 Secure SIP TLS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ingvar, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ingvar

Hi,

Would be great to provide to us links to the guides for configuring secure sip in V12 server side and clients (3CX softphone for windows and apps for Android and iOS).
    As i not found guides about for V12, i got this guide for V11 http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/secure-sip.

1. I configured server side like a version 11.
    2. In client side (3CXPhone for windows) There is no more Certificate button in Accounts\Advanced. I installed CA in local computer and current user in Windows OS certification store.
    3. While specified ip+port 5061 for In Office + OOO the client not connected. After port removed the clients is connected, presence is working, but calls are failed.

Please suggest

Attached Files:

2. carloidini

Same Request, ANY NEWS???

3CX Staff, can you help us to "secure" the SIP from external?

Thanks!
    Carlo

3. livn46

Same request: cannot find any documentation about how to configure TLS on a v12 client. I can see how to do the certificate on the server, but I can't see any way to import a certificate into the client. Does the v12 client not support TLS anymore?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. livn46

SOLUTION:

We finally got the solution, so thought I'd share it here, since it should be documented somewhere (and I can't see where 3CX has documented it; it's not on the http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/secure-sip page):
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    server setup is as defined at http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/secure-sip
    client setup:
    Within 3CXPhone for Windows:
    1)navigate to Settings >> Configure >> Advanced >> in the SIP transport Select TLS
    2)Settings >> Configure >> and the in office or out of office sections, add :5061 after the IP address.
    3) The certificate which was previously generated will have to be imported on the windows machine as well. To do so copy the certificate on your machine and double click open it, click on Install Certificate , select Local Machine, Place all certificates in the following store , click on browse and select, Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

You can provision the softphones to use TLS:
    In the 3CX Management Console, make sure that the checkbox "Enable Secure SIP (TLS)" is checked, at Extensions -> the extension -> Other tab. If you do that, the provisioning file you send to clients will not add the :5061 to the IP address, but TLS will be turned on, the PBXSipPort will be changed to 5061, and TLS will work.
    HOWEVER, this does not encrypt the phone calls themselves. TLS is only encrypting the authentication/registration piece. After the call is connected, it's in the clear. To encrypt the phone call, you have to set SRTP to "Always Secure".

It seems like to turn on SRTP via provisioning files (instead of having to do it for every single softphone individually) you have to change the <RTPTransport /> line of the provisioning file to say <RTPTransport>2</RTPTransport> instead. I can't figure out how to do that from the Management Console (you'd think that the "Switch on Secure RTP (SRTP)" option would do this, but it doesn't).
    I also had to figure out how to provision Polycom Soundpoint IP331 phones to use TLS, and here's what I had to add to the Polycom SPIP331 provisioning file:

<!-- TLS Setup -->
    <device.sec.TLS
    device.sec.TLS.customCaCert1="-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
    ...long certificate string...
    -----END CERTIFICATE-----">
    <device.sec.TLS.customCaCert1
    device.sec.TLS.customCaCert1.set="1">
    </device.sec.TLS.customCaCert1>

and under Registration settings for the phone, I had to change the lines to say this:

<!-- Registration Settings -->
    <reg
    reg.1.telephony="1"
    reg.1.server.1.register="1"
    reg.1.srtp.offer="1"
    reg.1.server.1.address="%%pbx_ip%%"
    reg.1.server.1.port="5061"
    reg.1.server.1.transport="TLS"
    reg.1.outboundProxy.address="%%pbx_ip%%"
    reg.1.outboundProxy.port="5061"
    reg.1.outboundProxy.transport="TLS"

Hope this helps someone.

EDIT: In fact I just tried it and checking the "Switch on Secure RTP (SRTP)" checkbox in the Management Console makes no difference at all in the softphone provisioning file that is created. I don't know if it's supposed to: I guess it could be making some other change ( I can't think what, but maybe it's enabling something else, somewhere else). However, it does not configure the 3CXPhones to use SRTP, like I would've thought it would.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

C SIP simple for Android is supporting TLS and Secure RTP with 3CX, as 3CX Phone for Android is still not supporting it.
    I haven't found a working solution for iPhone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.