v12 Windows Phone CTI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by agilis, Oct 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agilis

So just updated to v12 over the weekend. Seems to be working good so far. Having a couple of problems.

1. When logged into the Management console and under phones all the phones read reprovision required. I notice the URL for provisioning has changed. Not sure if this is the problem but I have already changed our URL in the DHCP server Option 66. Any new extensions I created are not provisioning correctly as they did in v11.

2. This problem maybe related to problem 1. I have installed the 3CX Phone for windows. I have try to get the CTI to work since I also have a desk phone that i would like to connect with. I installed 3CX phone and send myself the 3CX email from the phone system. I was able to use the attachment to get the 3CX PHONE to work with my account. For some reason it is not recognizing my desk phone. I have reinstalled and it will not connect to my desk phone. So not sure what I'm missing to connect the two.

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi agilis, for the phone to use CTI mode:

1.First make sure you have the correct and upgraded firmware by:
    a. logging in to the 3CX Management Console.
    b. go to phones
    c. Select your phone
    d. Press upgrade Firmware.
    e. upgrade firmware and reboot phone

2. After that please insert the connect URL for provisioning which you can find if you:
    a. Log in to the management console
    b. select Settings>>Phone Provisioning
    c. Provisioning Network Configuration section (make sure the ip settings are correct for external and internal provisioning)
    d. for more info on provisioning using option 66 please look here: http://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/dhcp-option-66/

3. Reprovision the phone as you did before

If your issue still persists please let us know and if you have any further inquiries feel free to ask (if you could also provide the phone model that you are using that would be great)

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rbc94

I really think you guys need to let people know that you cannot use the firmware upgrade utility unless they have a valid maint agreement with you.

4. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

They are informed - with a message. What else are you expecting in this regard?

3CX Testing department spends a lot of time to test and deal with phone manufacturers to come up with a firmware version that works with the phones. Buying maintenance for a software which is critical for your company's business should be automatic in my opinion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rbc94

I don't have the maint plan and it doesn't tell me a thing about it, it just doesn't work. I had to dig through your website to find the information. And BTW, why does it seem like you and the rest of your team are awfully rude in your responses? I've noticed it with many of your communications on here. Just like your response above. Why do you have to be smart and act like everyone is an idiot? Seems like the owner of a company should be little more professional.

6. taurusgd

We have about 30 T28 Yealink phones and CTI is still a problem. Even after upgrading firmware some phones work better with CTI than others. So until something is done we have no choice but to stay with V11 until CTI works as advertised.

7. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

hi taurusgd,

I don't understand what you mean by "Some phones work better than others" ? Can you please be a bit more specific? What works better? And when one works better what does it do that the other doesn't to work better?

Best Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.