V14 3cx HTTP API no more

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by martwong, Nov 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martwong

Hi, v14 does not have the 3CX HTTP API anymore.

We have a PHP app on a linux machine which used to use that HTTP API call to make calls.

Does anyone know how to mimic that again with this? We're not .NET developers and have no clue on this.

Thanks

2. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hi,

we also use V12.5 HTTP API ... did you find out anything about API & V14?

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

3. eQDoBBs

Can we have an answer to this please.

The page is still there but the Make_call function is not working, with an error that indicates the method is not compiled into the web application.

4. eQDoBBs

*BuMP*

sorry to do so, but this is something that someone must know about and provide some feedback.

thanks

5. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Unfortunately the HTTP API no longer works on V14, it has been disabled and it is unknown if it is going to return in the future.

This is completely possible though through the 3CX Call Control API, information for which can be found here:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/call-control-api/

Now I realize that this is not as easy as the HTTP API, you will in fact have to create a project, but there is an example in the samples in the link that is exactly that, makecall.
    I can't speak for everyone of course, but my personal opinion is that it is not very complicated to create a very simple .exe file that will accept the necessary values as arguments and perform a makecall. It does however require some programming knowledge and basic familiarity with .NET.

6. louis_threecee

I don't understand 3CX in this matter.

I totally understand martwong, I can find my way into PHP and other scriptinglanguages.
    But I have never created a .NET project.

If it is so simple, why not implement it as a standard feature?
    Or provide us the .EXE file so it will work again. Help your customers here please :)

Thanks,

Louis

Mekaeil Andisheh likes this.
  7. Pastis

Hello did you guys find a solution ?
    I also used PHP to make call with that HTTP API...

8. einkauf@someware.de

Hello,
    I have also 3 customers who needs this feature. They do not want to upgrade to v14 without having the HTTP MakeCall API back... because this is integrated with their CRM and ERP software.

Is there a solution available?
    Regards, Tobias.

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

No ready-to-use solution available at the moment.

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I have attached a working example of the MakeCall using the API. I am not a programmer, but it does work. I also uploaded the Visual Studio Project just in case anyone wants to have a look and work on it.

Also I attached an .exe file that that was created from the project which takes 2 arguments, Caller Number and Destination Number.

Attached Files:

10. simonjh88

From what I have read this morning, the HTTP API was used a lot for integrating into CRM systems and because it was URL based it made it very easy to do so.

Now you have removed this and have the Call Control API as its replacement. Can you please explain how it is possible for an external company to use this API from their CRM? It states on the website that it can only accept connections from 127.0.0.1. This would cause a massive issue with integrating into CRMs whereby they are also cloud-based.

Could you please help me with the above as we have a large potential business opportunity that needs to be able to initiate calls on the agents behalf (at the click of a button).

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I am sure that there are more than one ways to achieve this, but one that I can think of (which will require .NET programming) is to use something like the HttpListener Class to make yourself a 'mini' web server which would be running on the 3CX Server. Then you could make it so that all requests that your 'mini' web server would receive are processed and then use the Call Control API to trigger the calls depending on the request.

12. planPC

Is it deprecated forever?, has it been warned?

What a problem!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. pat71

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.