v14 Android App no longer displays Call Info

Discussion in 'Android' started by jsmerriam, Dec 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsmerriam

Just upgraded to version 14. The android app no longer displays the information about the call (Queue,Group, and DID names) nor does it resolve the information with the company phone book. This works perfectly on the Windows app and on physical phones, so I know it is set up correctly. All the Android app shows is just the phone number.

Any suggestions? I can not figure out why.

2. Chris_3CX

3CX Support

Hi jsmerriam,

After upgrading, did you Re-provision the Android device, and was this done via Welcome Email or Manually?
    Please find this guide useful: http://www.3cx.com/docs/installing-3cx/#h.tbfd451mjmli

Kind Regards,

Chris

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, in regarding to your comment. For Android, yes its true it does not show (Queue Name, RingGroup Name, and DID names) and it was never showing. The reason for such removal was made in the very past when users where complaining why are we showing a huge display name which was very hard for the users that they are receiving calls to understand what is the number from where they are calling etc due that mobile devices do not have large screens.

Other complains were due to users which use complex call scenarios, like External call -> IVR - > RG -> IVR > Q >IVR > Extension and you will see all this in your screen. So we decided to remove this functionality only for Android and match number always to Exact Match. So if you have number save as personal, company, android contacts, google contacts as XXXXXXXXXX if call comes to your device as XXXXXXXXXX it will show ofcourse contact information if number does not match it will show number.

Now till now I never saw someone complaining about this so I propose the following open a feature request on Android and we see how many votes are made to bring back this feature. For sure we got hammered due to this but could be now we are in 2015/2016 people have changed there thoughts on this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jsmerriam

Thank you Michael! I do understand the complaint as in v12 the display would not show all info at once (it scrolled slowly rather than just display all info) but this is an imperative feature for most users. I think many people rarely use the app except when they are out of the office... but for users who use this as their primary device being able to see which queue/ring group the call is on is very important especially when out of the office.

Android is now the only device in 3cx that does not display call info???

We are now going back to the dark ages without knowing who is calling, and why they are calling? There are very easy alternatives rather than scrolling the caller ID and call info, or removing all call info altogether. I will post this in 3cx Ideas, hopefully this gets fixed quickly as now all Android users can no longer know why (DID/Queue/Ring group) someone is calling which makes no sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.