Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v14 backup restore in v15 setup using different licence key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kurt5132081, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurt5132081

Hi Guys

Ok, i created a post before asking this question (see below), post has been closed hence me creating this one.

I followed the advice given to me and it worked, managed to create the backup without the license attached.

however when using the backup i created in a V15 install the config still does not get restored, no extensions,queues,DR's get restored.

https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...-using-a-different-license.54754/#post-226737

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Please clarify... you are restoring, using a backup from V15, or from V14 (as indicated in the title)?
    You say "it worked", so.... what worked and exactly what. isn't?

3. kurt5132081

Hi

I am using a version 14 backup and restoring it during a v15 install.

when i said it worked, i was referring to the process of creating a v14 backup without the license attached.

So when i take the v14 backup i created, run the v15 install and select restore from existing backup, after the setup has completed i basically have a bare install, nothing gets restored from backup

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

If you want, upload the backup file to a file sharing site of your choice and send me a PM with the download link to it. I can check the backup to here and see why this is happening.

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Can you double check that in your v14 the license shows as the free version? If so are you sure you used the backup ZIP created after the v14 was showing running the free version?

I did an upgrade for a client like this two weeks ago and it worked perfect.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. kurt5132081

Hi NickD

thanks, will do that.

7. kurt5132081

Hi Centrexj

Positive that when the backup was done it had no license attached, also that i am using the correct ZIP

8. kurt5132081

one other question i would like to ask, once i have done the upgrade from v14 to v15 is it still possible for me to roll back to v14. ie Turn off the v15 server and power up the v14 server?

9. techdummy

techdummy New Member

From what you have told, it looks like you have 2 servers, one running V14 and other V15.
    If that is the case, you can rollback to v14 without any issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.