Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

v14 Backup

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 12494, Oct 15, 2015.

1. 12494

12494 Member

It's nice that backup is now included in the Management Console however:

1. THere should also be a standalone module for greater flexibility to do things not permitted in the GUI.

2. GUI should allow for more than 1 scheduled job - say 1 local backup and 1 FTP backup.

3. Backup filename for Scheduled backup and FTP should be editable. We use an FTP folder to house offsite backups for all our clients. We use the filename to indicate what system the backup is for.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. tsteffens

Agreed, I used to have a script fire the backup and then send it to Amazon S3. Can no longer do this on demand with V14. The Exe that just runs the backup would be nice to have back.

3. 12494

12494 Member

If you agree then how about voting this UP.

We used scripts to run the nightly backup and then script to upload to ftp. This was a good first step but it falls short. We want BOTH a local backup and an offsite backup. It would have been nice if this provided a replacement. It does not. I can use 3CX now to do the nightly backup but I have to use a script to RENAME the file to something useful and then a script to send to FTP.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...