v14 Custom Template Support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jdale, Sep 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdale

Now before I get the " Custom Templates are not supported " routine, hear me out.

In v12 I could create my own template and add it to the HTTP\Templates folder and it would show up just fine when trying to provision my phone.

Now I put my template into the folder . ( Either the Instance1 or the root folder ) and the template does not show up in the list. When I restored my backup the database had the XML file properly shown in there because when I go to the Extensions tab and look at the Phone column it says that the file xxxxxxxx.ph.xml cannot be found.

So I decide OK i'll modify a template that's already in there...... NOPE won't recognize those changes either. So are the templates now a thing of the past and are now somewhere in a config file or a database???

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Save your custom templates in the following folder

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Interface\provisioning\xxxxxxxxxx\CustomTemplates\phones - where xxxxxxxxxx is the random provisioning folder name

May have to restart 3CX services to be able to select them

3. jdale

THANKS!!!

It was recognized without the reboot.

Now to make the changes. I'll post my template. The method of calling the Phonebooks and provisioning URLS are a bit different.

4. jwttech

I'm trying to do this with the GXP2140 templates provided by grandstream and they will not show up. Any ideas?

5. jdale

I'll attach my 2160 template in a few hours when I get home.

Other then the sidecar buttons they are the same phone.

6. jwttech

Thanks, Where did you get your template from? I am attempting to use the templates provided by grandstream which should work.

7. hivanov

Hi guys,
    I have similar issue with Grandstream GXP-2000. After a little modification of the template extracted from 3CXPS v12.5 and pasted in the folder mentioned above, the phone appeared in the drop-down menu and I can select it. And here everything ends. No actual provisioning happens... I've compared side-by-side the xml for GXP-2100 extracted from the new and old PBX and didn't found any radical changes except some variables disappeared/renamed. I modified the template for GXP-2000 according to this changes, again checked and no luck...

Any suggestions ? 8|

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. hivanov

Hi again !
    I've re-written the template for older GXP's extracted right from v12.5 PBX. So far so good. All the functionalities of the phones working. The only thing left to do is the background logo. It doesn't appear...

So if anyone else has same phones, I can share the new custom template. Also, any further corrections are appreciated. Two brains always think better than one :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. tsteffens

What are you doing for sections that have:

Code:
    %%pbx_ip%%:%%pbx_http_port%%/provisioning/%%PROVSUBDIR%%
    I have put in:

Code:
    %%PROVLINK%%
    but this generates http://fqdn-of-pbx:5000/...etc

and this seems to break the auto provisioning because it requires

the same url without the http://

Any ideas?

10. hivanov

I've used the "Grandstream executive" template and it looks like :

Code:
    # Config Server Path
    P237 = %%PROVLINKLOCAL.HOST%%:%%PROVLINKLOCAL.PORT%%%%PROVLINKLOCAL.PATH%%
    This does the job. And for the firmware you should provide the path to the files after this address.

Hope this will help you :)

11. tsteffens

Worked perfect thanks!

Is there somewhere you can see all the variables available or did you just gleen them from other templates?

12. hivanov

It took me two days examining the new v14 variables and styles and to re-write the new template. I've tried to adjust the old (v12.5) one but it seemed too time-wasting thing... I used a mixture of some new-written-code and a v14 template for GXP Executives to do the thing... We have a lot of customers with that kind of phones, also there are some in our office.

The official support told me to try it on my own, and they were right, these are not officially supported IP phones anymore :)

Anyway, support guys were as fast as they can, and responded in very quick term, as always :) Thank you 3CX Support, you gave us the way to reach the solution ASAP every time !!!

If you want to use mine template for your purposes, you can obtain it at the charge of 0.00 $/EUR , unlimited support is included :) :) :)

13. tsteffens

I modified the 12.5 template without issue. I just had to change the links for firmware/logo/provisioning. Other then that there appeared to be no other v14 specific changes. I will still look at it though just to make sure. Send it off to tim a@t datacommus.com

14. magaretz

I have the same error message. Did you find a solution yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.