• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v14 Delete Phone from Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdale

Reaction score
Now that I have gotten the GXP2160 to work and auto provision like it was in V12.5 I have come across another problem.

In the past to remove a phone from an extension you'd simply clear the MAC and Model and click OK.

Well this does work. But when I look under Phones I still see it with the test extension.. But now all buttons except "Show Password" are greyed out. The status shows as " Phone Provisioning Problem "

If I double click on it, it brings me back to the test extensions page but the Phone Provisioning tab now does not show anything listed. It only shows New Phone Device tab.

I have tried restarting the services after removal of the MAC but that did not help.

Anyone else with this problem?

So apparently there is a time delay.

I have restarted the services after about 20 minutes of it sitting in that state and now its showing as NEW again.

I restarted the services immediately after removing it when I saw it was still partially there.

Maybe i'm too impatient but it would be nice to see if someone could reproduce this.

I sure can.

Well paint me yellow and call me a liar.

It showed up as new for about as long as it took me to write the previous post. When I went to provision the phone on it's new extension... It showed up as assigned to the test extension.... Sigh.

Talk about master of your own thread.

Ok so even if the Phones still showed the old extension and the extension itself had no more phone attached to it, I manually added the phone to the proper extension.

it worked right away and reassigned the phone properly in the phones extension.

So i'm not sure if this is a bug or me not being patient enough.

Details to follow i'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.