v14 Delete Phone from Extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jdale, Oct 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdale

    Joined:
    May 8, 2015
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Now that I have gotten the GXP2160 to work and auto provision like it was in V12.5 I have come across another problem.

    In the past to remove a phone from an extension you'd simply clear the MAC and Model and click OK.

    Well this does work. But when I look under Phones I still see it with the test extension.. But now all buttons except "Show Password" are greyed out. The status shows as " Phone Provisioning Problem "

    If I double click on it, it brings me back to the test extensions page but the Phone Provisioning tab now does not show anything listed. It only shows New Phone Device tab.

    I have tried restarting the services after removal of the MAC but that did not help.

    Anyone else with this problem?
     
  2. jdale

    Joined:
    May 8, 2015
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    So apparently there is a time delay.

    I have restarted the services after about 20 minutes of it sitting in that state and now its showing as NEW again.

    I restarted the services immediately after removing it when I saw it was still partially there.

    Maybe i'm too impatient but it would be nice to see if someone could reproduce this.

    I sure can.
     
  3. jdale

    Joined:
    May 8, 2015
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well paint me yellow and call me a liar.

    It showed up as new for about as long as it took me to write the previous post. When I went to provision the phone on it's new extension... It showed up as assigned to the test extension.... Sigh.
     
  4. jdale

    Joined:
    May 8, 2015
    Messages:
    21
    Likes Received:
    0
    Talk about master of your own thread.

    Ok so even if the Phones still showed the old extension and the extension itself had no more phone attached to it, I manually added the phone to the proper extension.

    it worked right away and reassigned the phone properly in the phones extension.

    So i'm not sure if this is a bug or me not being patient enough.

    Details to follow i'm sure.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.