v14 Distinctive Ring based on ring group or DID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by c.holloway, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c.holloway

Good morning!

I have a client that has Yealink T41 phones and they have two different DIDs that ring into their organization. They are looking to get a distinctive ring for each DID so they can tell without looking which number has been call. Each DID goes to a different ring group and I was hoping to be able to set a ring tone based on the group or, baring that, set a ring tone based on the extension and will create two extensions for each phone.

The first thing I tried was creating two extensions on each phone and then on the phone itself setting the ring tone for that extension but the system seems to be overriding that for external calls. Would it be possible to manipulate the SIP headers for one of the DIDs to have calls report as internal?

Can anyone provide guidance on how I might accomplish this or if its even possible?

2. efounco

efounco New Member

Yes and no. Yes, it's possible to have different ringtones for different queue's and ring groups, but not within the constraints of 3CX. You would have to manually create a provisioning template for your phones that supported multiple extensions. Then, you could assign those extensions to different ring groups and queues and specify a different tone for each. It's not a clean solution, but it's doable with a little crafting.

3. AndrewT

Anyone know a way to do this with the 3CX windows softphone? I have tried to replace the ringtone.wav file on the client installs, but then it doesn't ring at all.

We have multiple DIDs and two different companies in the same office. Different ringtones for different incoming call types would really help people out know which phone is ringing from what line.

Thanks
    Andrew

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I do not think so with regard to the softphone.

With a hard phone some can be programmed to recognize a particular CID or DID and possibly even alert-info in a sip header. You may want to do a capture of a call that meets your criteria and locate the alert-info and see its contents. If it indicates the unique details for the calls you want to have as a different ring style, then you might be able to use this by modifying the phone contents directly or modifying the templates to accommodate. If you change in the phone directly, you should still check the templates so as to see what will happen in the event of a system generated re-provision and then adjust accoringly.

5. c.holloway

efounco,

I have thus far been unable to determine how to set a distinctive ring for even a single ring group. The only distinctions I can draw audibly are between internal, external, and calls from a queue. Can you provide some guidance on how to set up a distinctive ring on a Yealink phone for calls from a ring group? There doesn't seem to be any alerting field in SIP that I can determine for calls from ring groups, they act just like a normal external call, so I don't quite know how to get these calls to ring differently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.