V14 Early Media Support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Enoch, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enoch

My SIP Trunk Provider requires Early Media support, but I cannot find documentation on this setting. The last post that mentions anything about Early Media was from 2014...

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will help, but...............

In V14 under parameters, you can do a search for early media (put a check in description) and it will show the options available for same. In my instance, it shows early media to be enabled, but I do not recall if I had set that from earlier versions and it simply migrated when doing a restore after upgrading.

3. Enoch

@lneblett under which parameters? for the SIP Trunk? Sorry can you be a little more specific?

4. Enoch

nevermind found it... doesn't make sense as to why the Parameters settings for V14 are located within: 3CX Managements Panel > Troubleshooting > Parameters

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

they are under troubleshooting - because under normal circumstances, you should not have to touch them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Enoch

Did a review of the setting again Troubleshooting > Parameters > Name > ENABLEEARLYMEDIA

Now here is where I'm a little confused. The description says "Switch off Early Media Support on 1 or off 0"

So does this mean:
    1 (turns on) - Switch off Early Media Support (aka turns OFF Early Media Support?)
    0 (turns off) - Switch off Early Media Support (aka turns ON Early Media Support?)

The double negative throws me off here...

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Well, I agree and guess the only way to conclusively determine which one works (if either) is to try both and then settle on the setting that meets the need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.