Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

V14 Early Media Support

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Enoch, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enoch

My SIP Trunk Provider requires Early Media support, but I cannot find documentation on this setting. The last post that mentions anything about Early Media was from 2014...

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will help, but...............

In V14 under parameters, you can do a search for early media (put a check in description) and it will show the options available for same. In my instance, it shows early media to be enabled, but I do not recall if I had set that from earlier versions and it simply migrated when doing a restore after upgrading.

3. Enoch

@lneblett under which parameters? for the SIP Trunk? Sorry can you be a little more specific?

4. Enoch

nevermind found it... doesn't make sense as to why the Parameters settings for V14 are located within: 3CX Managements Panel > Troubleshooting > Parameters

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

they are under troubleshooting - because under normal circumstances, you should not have to touch them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Enoch

Did a review of the setting again Troubleshooting > Parameters > Name > ENABLEEARLYMEDIA

Now here is where I'm a little confused. The description says "Switch off Early Media Support on 1 or off 0"

So does this mean:
    1 (turns on) - Switch off Early Media Support (aka turns OFF Early Media Support?)
    0 (turns off) - Switch off Early Media Support (aka turns ON Early Media Support?)

The double negative throws me off here...

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Well, I agree and guess the only way to conclusively determine which one works (if either) is to try both and then settle on the setting that meets the need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.