V14 - Extremely Quiet Voicemail To Emails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by teldata1, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teldata1

Our client is having a strange issue with the voicemail files they receive in their email. The volume for the wav voicemail files is extremely quiet for all users on the system.. however, when they check their voicemail from a deskphone (or call into the system) the volume is perfect. Is this a known issue? The client uses SIP trunking for their lines. I've also tested with my own email and I noticed the issue as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. teldata1

Bump

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Update to version 15.
    I will explain. In V14 we decided to reduce the recordings and the voicemails. So we encoded them in wav yes but at a different bitrate making them 3 times less in size. So if a file was 2 megs before the change, after you would end up with 0.5 mb.
    BUT... Chrome was not playing it.
    Now you said you have a problem and you tried it with your email. What email were you using at that time?
    There are many types of wav types and the one we chose (which was so efficient in savings) was not widely popular in apps.
    This change was reversed and in V15 the voicemails will play everywhere. Try it with the pbx express for free. This is the latest and stable version. https://pbxexpress.3cx.com/ Make your own pbx for free and try out 15.5.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.