• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

V14 help no extensions or calls inbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobilesoundz

Reaction score
I have just built a new 3cx installation V14 on a new server 2012R2 box ready for the upgrade from V12. The V12 server 2008 has run fine for the last 3 years but thought it time to go to V14 and as a result to minimise downtime decided to build a new server for it, the install went fine and select multiple instances as we plan to use this for customer systems in the future. We restored our config to this server from the V12 backup and all went well. Last night we failed over to the new server to test and we had no calls inbound and the two external siemens gigaset handsets stopped connect as well. Now I have not looked into why the two extensions will not register as at present the SIP trunk will not accept calls, nothing shows in the logs on 3CX but what I have noticed is that on the V12 box I can telnet to 5060 but on V14 I can't. I have disabled windows firewall but it is still blocked. We use TTNC for our inbound SIP which I know is not supported but has worked great for the last 3 years. All we do is enter our [email protected] and it seems to send the traffic in. In V12 we had to enter the username and leave the password out on the SIP trunk but this has always worked. We have now failed back to our old V12 whilst trying to find ideas on how to get at least calls inbound. Any suggestions ? should telnet to 5060 work or am I looking in the worng place.

I do not know if this will help, but my understanding is that you cannot go from V12 direct to V14 on the local edition (non cloud based). I have had to take my clients, running older versions, from V12 to V12.5 and then V14.

I had a client with an older version, so decided to query support about the upgrade path needed.....their response:

Hi Larry and thank you for your email,

unfortunately you have to go through version 12, then 12.5 and then go to version 14.
Take a full backup from v11, restore it to v12, then take a full backup from v12 and restore it on v12.5 and finally take a full backup of v12.5 and restore it on v14.
After taking a full backup on every version, you have to uninstall it, restart the Windows machine, install the more new version and restore the backup.
Also make sure that the Windows machien is full up to date.
If you have any further questions please let us know.

Thanks for that, should we be able to telnet to port 5060 of the server do you know ?

I have just deleted the instance and created a test one from scratch, I notice I can not telnet to port 5060 still (not sure if I should be able to) I have just added the sip in and told it to go to voicemail and the sip never goes past registed inactive and nothing is showing in the logs even with verbose turned on any suggestions please

I have never tried nor thought to try a telnet session to port 5060. I doubt that you could as this would seemingly bind the telnet server to that port and thus make it unavailable for SIP. Telnet typically runs on port 23.

There are a couple of things, so let's try one step at a time:
On the new, start from scratch, instance with V14.

1. I assume that the software installed without any issue.
2. That you have configured both an internal and external FQDN and that you can resolve to an internal private IP if you ping it and to an external public IP when pinged from outside your LAN or using the FQDN checker from within 3CX,
3. That for the initial testing, that you have turned off any Windows or other 3rd party firewalls that might be in the way.
4. That all the 3CX services show to be running (green)
5. That the network settings in "settings" reflect the proper addresses
6. For the purpose of testing, that the system running the 3CX software only has one active NIC installed and that the 3CX network settings show that the system is binding to the address associated to the NIC.

Assuming that the above is indeed true, I suggest you take an IP-Phone (I do not know what make/model you have) do a factory reset and then after connecting up, see if the phone shows up under provisioning for assignment to an extension. Some phones support the discovery feature whereas others do not. You may need to manually provision the device if the discovery is not successful.

Fundamentally, I am trying to keep it simple and see if we can get a single (reset) phone to register. If this proves successful, then there should be no reason that others will not work.

Once done, then you can move on to the SIP provider. However, I do not know that when you moved from the old server to the new if different IP address may have come into play and if so, was the router configured accordingly and did the firewall checker pass when run from the new system? When doing a backup from V12, it took the settings from the WIN2008 server to include the local IP, but when restoring and then doing the initial set-up the system detected the IP and likely used the one it found. If it was different, then router changes need to accommodated.

Hi.

I have the same problem. I moved from 12.5 to 14. I installed on a Win 2012 R2 for the virtual instance because I wanted to have more than one instance running on the same machine. However I am unable to register any client. The response I get is "Timeout".

It is strange because I never had this problem with V12 and V12.5 and what really frustrates me is that there are no entries in any of the logs in the management console.

Is there something we haven't done right?

Technically you should be able to telnet in on port 5060, because 3CX listens for both TCP and UDP SIP requests. If it is not working, it is probably not listening on TCP port 5060 as it should be (check settings | network | ports), which would indicate it is probably not listening on UDP port 5060 which is almost certainly what you are using.

Telnet is a TCP program. It can't be used to check for open UDP ports.

An easy way to check if 3CX is listening on the correct ports is to drop to a dos prompt on the 3CX computer and make sure you are in a directory that is writeable. Usually it will be your home directory which is fine. Type the following command.

netstat /n /a /b > netstat.txt <cr>
Then type
netstat.txt <cr>

Notepad will open. If you only have one line saying "command requires elevation", you need to run cmd as administrator and do it again You will then be presented with a list of listening ports and the process that is listening. E.G. Below is a snippet from my PCX computer. If you see these lines, then your computer is listening and you have some other network issue.
If you can't find these lines, then your 3CX server is not listening on the ports.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Mark

TCP 0.0.0.0:5060 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
[3CXPhoneSystem.exe]
TCP 0.0.0.0:5080 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING
[3CXTunnel.exe]
UDP 192.168.56.6:5060 *:*
[3CXPhoneSystem.exe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.