V14 - Hyper-V - License issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Futureweb, Dec 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hello,

we got HA Hyper-V Setup for our VMs. 3CX V14 is running within one of those VMs.
    Today we had Server Maintenance on one of our Root Servers - and moved the 3CX VM to another Hyper-V Root Server - after stating 3CX up it told us we need to activate the Free Version ... so it lost our License Information ... Same happened when we moved it back to the Main Root Server.
    How to avoid License issues when moving 3CX VM to different Root Servers?!?
    Thank you
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. pact

pact New Member

Hi Futureweb,

When running 3CX on a virtual machine you need to ensure its MAC Address is fixed (Static).

3CX License looks at the network MAC, if this changes the license becomes inactive.

You can only move a license 5 times before it can no longer be activated, so please set your current MAC as the static address (And ensure on any replicated VM's you have you also set the MAC to the same static address).

(On Hyper-V, go to the settings for the VM -> Network Adaptor (Expand) -> Advanced Features -> Mac Address (set to Static).)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. aberry

aberry New Member

Default for Hyper-V is dynamic MAC address. Like stated above, get it set to a static MAC and you won't have this issue.

4. Futureweb

Futureweb New Member

Hi,

thx for your fast Answers! I noticed I forgot to set MAC to STATIC on replicated VM ... guess I changed that setting after initial Replication ...
    Wish Hyper-V would replicate such Config changes too! ;-)

Thank you, bye from Austria
    Andreas

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.