• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v14 license not working on v15

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBUTLER

Reaction score
Hello,

I upgraded to v15 earlier today based on the instructions from the live Q&A but none of my call queues are working and I only have a single SIP Trunk with 1 simultaneous call. My commercial license allows 16 calls and also has the call center/PRO features. I am not using a FREE license, although sales gave me one because until my license works, but even with the free license, none of my queues work and I only have 8 calls instead of the 16 that my license gives. How can I get my PBX working with all the features that I had with v14? (My maintenance contract is good until 07/01/2017) Thanks!

Hello,

Yes, I did apply for the Free license but cannot use it because it doesn't support multiple trunks and call queues. I used my commercial license as instructed on that page "Partners & Customers that already have commercial/NFR license keys must use their existing key during installation", but when I use the license, it shows Activated for 16SC but I can only have one simultaneous call and the queues still do not work.

What version of v15 do you currently have installed. There has been Alpha, Beta, RC1 and RC2 was released about 13 hours ago.

I just reactivated a license again to check, and that went through fine. I suggest making sure you are on the latest build.

I'm currently on RC2 15.0.55955.0

I'm also on RC2 v 15.0.55955.0. I waited to move to v15 until I got confirmation that the RC2 would upgrade in plate once the RTM is available, which the CEO confirmed today on the Q&A.

When I edit and re-save my license it shows License status: Activated, but under Version Number is says 14, not 15.

What version does the ERP show your NFR licence as?

I'm assuming you are using your on prem NFR for this

3CX Phone System
NFR v15
8 Sim.Calls
Never
Jul 7, 2016

Looking at this my license is wrong, I should be on 16SC as Platinum, however I don't have limitations. I have 8 trunks registered and queues etc.

I purchased a commercial license, I don't have an NFR license.

Product 3CX Phone System Professional Edition
Version Number
License Expires
Maintenance 07/01/2017 9:36:00 PM
Number of Simultaneous Calls 16
Number of G729 Channels 8
Number of Simultaneous Meeting Participants 25
3CX Phone System Pro Edition features
Yes

CBUTLER said:
I purchased a commercial license, I don't have an NFR license.

I'm assuming that is where the problem lies. Have you been able to get onto support yet?

Support told me it was an issue with the license and to speak with sales. Sales gave me a free key but the free key activates as "3CX Phone System PBX Edition" with none of my pro features, so the call queues and multiple trunks don't work.

Can you roll back, so it at least keeps you running for now?

I'm so far into v15 now that it would take hours. I have a GPO setup to deploy the MyPhone app but when upgrading to v15 it required elevation to install .net (if I remember correctly), requiring me to go to everyones computer because I don't have the MSI for v15. I'm worried if I go back to 14 what would happen to all the MyPhone windows clients.

Ok, so I've done some further testing ...

I can confirm that the new softphone will not work with v14

I can confirm that if you activate with a 3CX 16SC Professional License you lose all your features and trunks

I can confirm you cannot just put your NFR back in ......... hahahah rebuilding now but have already rolled over to another server.

Thanks for confirming the first two points. I'll wait until the morning and speak with sales again. Your last point was interesting. I wonder why that is so.

I'm not aware that any Commercial Keys are v15 Ready yet.

Our customer portal doesn't show any V15 compatible keys yet.

I expect they will all go live on Monday when V15 is officially released.

CBUTLER said:
Thanks for confirming the first two points. I'll wait until the morning and speak with sales again. Your last point was interesting. I wonder why that is so.

I'm not sure, but I changed key, activated, restarted, restarted, then decided it was time to flick the switch. I will test again after hours, I think it may actually delete the trunks because it did let me add a 2nd trunk (as the other 7 were gone after changing keys)

It takes some time to make the product for sale... Product will be for sale between today and Monday.

We have started moving certain regions to v15.
NFR were already on V15
You can try to click on license, edit and reactivate.

Looks like my license was just moved over. Thanks Nicky!

ucs1 said:
Looking at this my license is wrong, I should be on 16SC as Platinum, however I don't have limitations. I have 8 trunks registered and queues etc.

I'm also Platinum and the 8 SC didn't upgrade to 16 SC automatically when I became Platinum I had to put in a request to 3cx to correct which they did promptly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.