V14 - Phones list still showing "via SBC ..."

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by redtail, Jul 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redtail

I have a remote site with 2 Yealink T42Gs and 2 W52P(Dect). This remote site was running SBC.

I have upgrade the router and now have this remote site on a site-to-site VPN to the local LAN where 3CX is running. The remote site no longer has SBC running.

I have re-provisioned all the phones as Local LAN and specified interface of private IP of 3CX server on the other LAN.

From the phones gui they show as registered to the private IP address of the 3CX server.

Problem is that 1 of the T42Gs and both Dects still show in the 3CX Phones list as "... via SBC ...". One of the T42G does not show this anymore. It has as expected just its own IP.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

In the "Phone Provisioning" tab for those extensions that are showing like this, would you happen to still have the Provisioning Method set to "3CX SBC"?
    Generally this information is not pulled by the actual packets that arrive from the endpoints, but from the settings you have set in the Extensions Settings.
    (if this is the case, it would imply you changed the phones config manually as well)

3. redtail

All phones are set to Provisioning Method: Local Lan (In the Office) with Select Interface: 192.168.11.11 which is the 3cx Server. The phones on the other end of the VPN have subnet 192.168.13.xxx, but show as registered on ext@192.168.11.11.

Everything seems to be working fine. Just have this ...via SBC ... in the Phones list.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could you post a screenshot of the "Phones" node? I think that may help us understand.

5. redtail

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I can't think of another reason why this could be happening, so try the following:
    1. Power off all SBCs at the remote sites (if you have not done so already).
    2. Power off the phones at the remote sites that currently show as SBC provisioned.
    3. Restart the 3CX services.
    4. Once they start up again, check the Phones node is those devices are not there (they are still powered off)
    5. Power on the devices again.

I am thinking maybe the system is 'remembering' the registration from when they were still registered through the SBC, because although this data is live, the specific field is not gathered from the live data, but rather from the settings in the PBX.

Also use the default template in case you are using a custom one.

7. redtail

Hey Nick, thanks for your help on this. I assume your last post was made after looking over the support zip you asked for.

To perform your steps in the above post I will need to be onsite at the remote. I hope to be there in the next week and will let you know results.

Thanks

8. redtail

Hi Nick, I finally had a chance to get onsite at this remote yesterday. Tried your suggestions. No change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.