V14 - Push notifications to iPhone not working?

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Ratcliffes, Oct 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ratcliffes

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: iPhone
    Generation: 6s
    Firmware Version: 9.0.2
    Jailbreak: NO
    Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Phone
    Contacts: Exchange
    Connection: WiFi and 3G
    Server: Internal
    ==================================

We are running v14 of 3cx with latest updates installed.
    The most up to date version of the 3cx iOS app is installed on a new iPhone 6s.
    The phone will register with the PBX correctly without an issue but if the phone is locked with the app running in the background or if another app takes the focus, the phone will not ring during an incoming call. No push notification is received. We have been through the troubleshooting steps to confirm that the firewall on the PBX is not blocking the various ports used for push. Also push notification is enabled for the extensions affected. Anyone know what to do next to solve?

Thanks
    Steve Ratcliffe

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Steve
    Assuming everything is set OK in order for push notification to work, the only possible reason remaining is a missing/expired/wrong push certificate on the PBX. Since I'm not familiar with the PBX installation/deployment/management, I suggest you to contact our tech support. Such case may happen due to an incorrect PBX update or backup/restore.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ratcliffes

Thanks Vali. Will contact Support.

Steve

4. Ratcliffes

Just to confirm - Reinstallation of a fresh certificate supplied by the support team has fixed this issue for us.

5. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Do you receive PUSH notifications on Chat messages also? I receive call PUSH notofications, but not receive chat push notifications.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As far as I remember PUSH is only sent for incoming calls at the moment.

7. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Igor
    I confirm what NickD said: at this moment, push notification is implemented only for incoming SIP calls.
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

Here http://www.3cx.com/docs/firewall-router ... c6dep4icl2 we see

Configuring ports to allow PUSH messages to smartphones

PUSH messages are sent by 3CX Phone System to Extensions using smartphones in order to wake up the devices to take calls or messages. This greatly enhances the usability of the smartphone clients but requires configuration of the firewall to allow outbound PUSH messages.

9. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Corrected the blog post

10. tim942

Similar issue as above, but I purposefully disabled the PUSH notifications via the checkbox as we could not answer from lock screen at the time. Seeing as they list this fixed in the changelog, I want to test this but cannot find the checkbox after service pack. I have enabled the extensions but I do not see the push client register as before nor do I see any traffic across port 2195 (port specified in Parameters). Is there a parameter I can reset in order to enable this?

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I don't quite get which checkbox you can't find.

Also you say that you see no traffic over port 2195, but despite that, is PUSH working?

Try removing the account from the phone and sending a new Welcome Email if you have not done that already.

If that doesn't work, as Vali said above, it might be a case of an missing/expired/wrong push certificate, so I would recommend you contact the Support Team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.