v14 Quick Start - How do I make it go away?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JonnyM, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonnyM

Each time I open up the 3CX v14 management console I get the quick start page, with step 1 highlighted in blue (the test DNS one). I migrated from 12.5 to 14 and restored from a backup, so everything in this quick start has already been completed.

How can I stop it from appearing each time I log in?

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

HI Jonny.

Thanks for the post. The Quick Start is the first page that will always be displayed when you log in to the Management Console.

There is no way to change this I'm afraid.

Kind Regards

Charles

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Are you saying we will ALWAYS see this?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. oli123

I really hope that 3cx Staff will do something to disable this 1st quick start page.

It's really boring.

5. engin411

engin411 New Member

I'd like to see some options for customizing the initial "home" screen. Many technology applications (wifi, Windows server, etc.) have a "save this as default view" option. In the case of 3CX, I personally would want to see 4 widgets right away: trunks status, extensions status, services status, and some type of event log. My Ruckus wifi admin gives me a dashboard like this. I can add widgets of my choice to instantly see various system parameters on the initial login dashboard.

Speaking of dashboard, even this would be a big improvement over the initial 3CX homescreen. Windows Server 2012 has a dashboard with high level data - basically just red (bad) or green (good) indicator for services and other parameters. So if 3CX would do something similar, I envision logging in to the 3CX initial screen and seeing color-coded high-level indicators. Instead of needing to click on each status sub-node (trunks, extensions, logs, etc) to see data, I could tell at a glance, immediately upon logging in, if there are problems in a sub-node. So if the trunks are all up, that dashboard indicator would be green. If a trunk was down, that indicator would be red. From the homescreen, this might not allow me to see the details of which trunk is down, but it would give me a quick indicator immediately upon logging in, and if I wished to, I could click that indicator to see the (now current in 14sp2) trunks status sub-node.

As it is now in 3CX 14, you have to go hunting for information. And I agree, the current initial screen is only helpful in the first hour or two after upgrading. Not for ongoing management work.

6. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This actually sounds like a good idea. Given this I would recommend to put it under the "Ideas" subforum which you can find here: http://www.3cx.com/ideas/
    this way it can get reviewed.

Can't say too much and nothing it yet certain, but I hear there might be a few changes to the Management Console in the future.

7. engin411

engin411 New Member

done, thanks http://www.3cx.com/forums/custom-dashboard-at-initial-login-43674.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.