• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

v14 Shared Call Appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennys

Reaction score
We are currently testing the 3CX version 14 system. We are moving from a Broadsoft system and one of the must have features is "Shared Call Appearance". I see a lot of threads looking to configure this feature but no solid answers. On many of the threads people are suggesting using the shared park feature. This does not provide the functions of a real shared call appearance. We need the ability to register an extension on multiple phones in a boss/secretary situation where the secretary occasionally answers the bosses extension. I see one post on here where the user said they successfully configured this, but no direction on how they registered the second extension. Has anyone actually got this working and if so what are the steps?

Thanks!

Most IP phones allow you to configure multiple accounts, which would probably be the way you would want to do this. I haven't done much with v14 to see if this has changed but in 12.5 you would do it using the web interface of the phone. Pretty simple but not available in the 3CX gui for the second+ accounts.
Allen

It will depend on what set(s) you are using and if they support the option.
Did you come across this?

http://www.3cx.com/forums/how-to-setup-share-line-appearance-sla-25993.html

And, yes, it will probably require some "manual manipulation" of the second, and subsequent sets, configuration.

Thanks guys. It did work adding it manually on the phone. Good to know it works. It would just be labor intensive as I'd have to do this on about 100-150 phones with multiple appearances on each of them.

Just a side note on this. We would also have to use the shared park feature as well. On the Broadsoft system there's a bridging feature for each SLA where the call can be placed on hold then retrieved from the same extension by pressing the line key button. I believe they accomplish this by using a combination of a userid and password plus authentication userid with a seperate authentication password.

Anyways, thank you both for the help. It's good to know that this could all work on 3CX with some extra work. Just have to see how the bosses feel about it.

If the "boss" extension will be used with multiple "assistants" you can make a customized template with the boss' extension hard coded as the secondary account and set to a specific DSS key. Once you get this template working for one boss you could easily modify it for others. Then in your drop-down for provisioning for the assistants phones you pick their appropriate boss.

If however this is more of a 1-1 issue it won't be worth your while. You will however want to make sure to remove the DSS key that you use to add the boss' extension from the provisioning template so it doesn't over-write it.

Also note to make sure that you remove the DND setting from the phone because if the assistant puts their phone onto DND mode it will DND the boss as well.

The reverse is also true if the boss puts his phone onto DND the calls won't ring to the assistant.

Suggestion for that is to lower the volume of the phone instead and/or use the status of Away instead of DND which accomplishes the same task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.